The Student Room Group

working in a bar

so guys i'm working in a bar, I had a little help from a family member that works in the bar to get a job, I love the whole atmosphere of it all , being around the people and everything :smile:
I am only 17, but have been told my people that are working there that I would be good at working the bar, yet I have till next may till my 18th.
sorry for the bable so the question is does anyone know if there is a way for me to work the bar basically serve the alcohol??

just curious cuz i'm not sure what the likelyhood of me keeping the job for very long after the summer :frown:
legally, none: it is forbidden for minor to work in restaurants/bars/cafeterias were alcohol is served. But you always can try to do it unofficially until you turn 18. Unfortunately you won't be 18 this year:frown:, otherwise you could have considered your natural year of birth and not your exact birthday. I had the same problem, although I am still 16 which made if even worst, and couldn't get to work at a restaurant simply because they served beer:mad:
Reply 2
Is there no type of course that I could do that would allow me to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
If there is a bar that serves food, then you can work in food service but you would still be unable to serve alcohol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending