The Student Room Group

Decided to go to uni next year instead of this year but already applied for SF?

I applied to study at Sheffield University this year, applied for student finance, then decided I wasn't ready for it and should stop fighting my urges to go travelling and actually do it!
SO I emailed Sheffield and they've deferred my entry, which is great, however I've already applied for student finance for this year- can I change it for next year? Or have to cancel the application completely? I'm so confused!
And also does anyone know if my request for deferred entry from Sheffield will cancel my accommodation request too, or if I need to contact them separately about it? Thankyou!
Original post by pamelk
I applied to study at Sheffield University this year, applied for student finance, then decided I wasn't ready for it and should stop fighting my urges to go travelling and actually do it!
SO I emailed Sheffield and they've deferred my entry, which is great, however I've already applied for student finance for this year- can I change it for next year? Or have to cancel the application completely? I'm so confused!
And also does anyone know if my request for deferred entry from Sheffield will cancel my accommodation request too, or if I need to contact them separately about it? Thankyou!

You have to call student finance to cancel the application for this year, otherwise you'll hit problems next year.

You need to contact Sheffield and ask them about accommodation. I would have thought that i would have cancelled it, as accommodation for that year isn't open yet.
Remember your student finance reference number and login details, as even when the application is cancelled, the account will still exist for you to use next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending