The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 4 - Containment - need help with notes

Hi - I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to further breakdown the syllabus in order to help with making revision notes ... i was looking at maybe 20 topic headings. So 5 from each area if thats feasible?

for example

The Korean War - (US involvement) - 1.reasons for, 2.Nature and cost, 3.Controversies rising from, 4.Outcome of,

I've used this breakdown on all 4 headings (Korea, French withdrawl, Vietnam war, Reaction to Vietnam War) but would any further tips of headings would be welcomed. ie. Should i assess the vietnam war President to President? Eisenhower to Nixon?

Thanks
Reply 1
Personally I liked the president approach - it's a good way of getting the main events clear in your head. You just need to make sure you don't write a narrative in the exam.
Reply 2
Yeah its that narrative theme im trying to remove from my notes -which is why i posted.

So for vietnam go for a president to president approach ... on going escalation as the preceding presidents didnt want to be seen to "lose Vietnam" - i could probably link that in with Domestic opinion - rise of anti war movement, president to president.

But still leaves me a little stumped on French withdrawl... most of the textbooks seem to tell it as a narrative. Is the focus on French, US or Ho Chi Minh? Should i concentrate on french decline or increased US support? or little bit of everything. I was under the impression that its US foreign policy that was the major issue.

Thanks for the reply btw, any thoughts would be appriciated.
Reply 3
PS. If anyone needs help on British Empire 1870 - 1980 or Cold War to Detente - pm me and im more then happy to share my notes :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending