The Student Room Group

Prospective Psychology Postgrad - I have a few questions with applying and funding

Hello, first I'll start off by introducing myself, my name's Jordan, and I am a Psychology undergraduate at the University of Essex. I am looking to pursue postgraduate study within Psychology, I am looking to ultimately work within clinical psychology. I am going into my third year next year, therefore i'm raising a lot of questions in my head about postgraduate study, and my lack of knowledge on it's application and funding processes, makes it all seem very daunting at the moment.

I am curious to know, in regards to study. What would be the best route into clinical psychology? Like is there a specific masters I would take which would would particularly benefit my chances.

I am also looking for some insight into the process of achieving funding for postgrad study, is it quite achievable to obtain a loan if you're from the UK? I should probably say that I am quite open to changing universities for postgrad, I'm even open to going abroad if somehow that proved to be an affordable option. I'm looking for as much insight as possible so I can go into third year as prepared as possible in order to maximise my chances of carrying on my study in a years time.

Many thanks :smile:

Jordan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending