The Student Room Group

Clearing nursing

Hi
Has anyone gone through clearing? Did you get bursary in time to start? My interview wouldn't be until 21/08 so doesn't leave much time.
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went through clearing 2 years ago. My interview was on August the 22nd and I found out I had been offered a place the next day. By the time all my paperwork went through with uni and Ucas I wasn't able to apply for my bursary until the end of September and I got my first payment in the middle of November.

Posted from my ipad/iPod
I've gone through clearing got my place on Thursday and then by friday sent off for my bursary can't sent the evidence of though until Monday and with the bank holiday it delays things but I spoke to NHS BOSS application and they said asking as I send it by Friday il be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hey,
Exactly same as me, although waiting for 2 types of evidence so hopefully be sorted by end of the week. Which uni are you going to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
university of Nottingham for children's nursing, yourself? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hull for adult, you've done well to get a children's place through clearing, they are usually the hardest at the best of times :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clarelouise57
Hull for adult, you've done well to get a children's place through clearing, they are usually the hardest at the best of times :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know the interview was just a group interview it was like a verbal fight to speak! haha, well done on your place :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I've heard about them. I had a 1 to 1 interview followed by a numeracy test. It still doesn't feel like its real yet, think it will sink in once I get the official ucas offer x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've heard about them. I had a 1 to 1 interview followed by a numeracy test. It still doesn't feel like its real yet, think it will sink in once I get the official ucas offer x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had the official ucas one, an email I'm waiting for my welcome pack! Nhs bursary is a killer to fill in :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I got email to say they had my clearing number and will get offer through ucas once they have done checks etc Then I got an email asking for a recent bank statement for DBS which I sent special delivery so they'll get after bank hol. Hoping I get my offer then as they have my references.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Took 4 hours to do bursary, and they want so much evidence. Had to request a couple of things hope it's all in place in time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Took 4 hours to do bursary, and they want so much evidence. Had to request a couple of things hope it's all in place in time

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had to request my dads work stuff from customs and revenue :/ they said they'd put it first class but with the bank holiday it delays everything!! they wanted proof the my mum and dad were divorced, my dads work info (understand the work but not the divorce) they wanted my birth certificate, my passport and national insurance number, and my little sisters birth certificate :s-smilie: that's a lot of important stuff to send in the post :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I thought student finance was bad. Yeah that is a lot I have to send my birth certificate driving licence, proof of life insurance for me and other half, mortgage statement, his p60 and recent payslip, sons birth certificate and proof of his child benefit. Had to order mortgage statement and his life insurance statement do god knows how long that will take. Quite stressful when we have just 4 weeks left to sort it in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought student finance was bad. Yeah that is a lot I have to send my birth certificate driving licence, proof of life insurance for me and other half, mortgage statement, his p60 and recent payslip, sons birth certificate and proof of his child benefit. Had to order mortgage statement and his life insurance statement do god knows how long that will take. Quite stressful when we have just 4 weeks left to sort it in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's so frustrating! I'm glad I'm getting it done ASAP some of the other girls I've spoken to who've got in through clearing haven't even started the application form!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Oh really, it's first thing I did lol as I knew cut off date was 23rd. My friend who's a second year says it takes about a month from sending your evidence in to getting the award. Then you get 2 months about 10 days after you register.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh really, it's first thing I did lol as I knew cut off date was 23rd. My friend who's a second year says it takes about a month from sending your evidence in to getting the award. Then you get 2 months about 10 days after you register.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Times can vary. In my first year it took 2 months. In my second year it took a month and for my final year it took a week. Good luck with the course both of you and well done on getting your place.
Reply 16
Original post by shanghaichica
Times can vary. In my first year it took 2 months. In my second year it took a month and for my final year it took a week. Good luck with the course both of you and well done on getting your place.

Thank you, I'm so happy it feels like a dream.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending