The Student Room Group

UCL Postgraduate Funding

Hello everyone!
I'm interested in applying for a masters(taught) degree at UCL for the next (2014/2015) academic year. Are there any UCL postgrad students here who can give some useful advice on how to gather enough money in case I actually manage to get accepted? As far as I'm concern, there are no full scholarships for postgrad students offered by UCL at all, am I right? On the UCL website very few scholarships are offered, and most of them are highly specialized, meaning that I'm not eligible for most of them.

Since studying at UCL together with living in London presents a huge financial issue, I'd like to get some real experiences from actual UCL postgrad students. Advice from postgrad students studying in London, but at some other university are also welcome :smile:
And yeah, the field in which I'm interested is Geography (GIS / Geospatial Analysis).
Not a UCL student but - especially for MA/MSc programmes there is very little funding available and it is very hard to get your hands on. So -

how to gather enough money in case I actually manage to get accepted?

You'll have to work and save until you have enough money to support yourself. It might also be a good idea to do the degree part time so that you can work while you study.

Do have a look to see if there are any organisations which might support you based on your individual circumstances. For example if you are studying a particular subject, are a woman, or are from some socio-economic or ethnic background or other there might be a charitable trust or two set up to support you. These opportunities are very much the exception, not the rule.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending