The Student Room Group

Men, how much did you grow after 19?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cakefish
Didn't grow at all. You have no need to worry mate. Pity me at 5'6" !!! At 21 there's no chance I'm growing anymore. I'll be a midget for the rest of my life.

It's fine being short - except at damn concerts - all I ever see is the back of people's heads most of the time. Fun fun - not :/

Damn that must be harsh dude. It puts things into perspective at least :smile:
I was measured when 18 and again at around 22 and was half an inch taller, but I think it is because I stood up straighter.
Reply 22
I know someone who went from 5ft 8 to 6ft 4... At the age of 21

Girls rarely grow once they start their periods... Sorry girls and us guys can grow all the way up to 22.

You can increase your height by exercise, weak evidence suggest working on the leg muscles via resistance training stimulates growth hormone.
Please tell me this is all a joke, I'm 5'3 @ 17 and people are unsatisfied at 6'?
Reply 24
6 foot men who call themselves manlets should be put down (deadly srs)
5'2.5 guy here, was done growing at like 12/13 (had x rays of growth plates done) please don't use the term manlet for anyone 5'8+ ever again
Original post by AJFShaz
I know someone who went from 5ft 8 to 6ft 4... At the age of 21

Girls rarely grow once they start their periods... Sorry girls and us guys can grow all the way up to 22.

You can increase your height by exercise, weak evidence suggest working on the leg muscles via resistance training stimulates growth hormone.

Yeah I already do squats and resistance training so hopefully that will help.
Reply 26
Original post by AreebWithaHat
Yeah I already do squats and resistance training so hopefully that will help.

Dead lift as well?
But do ALOT of jogging. I honestly grew by jogging a bit... hehe well cardio.

Also you know you can stretch out your spine?
Original post by jd1997
6 foot men who call themselves manlets should be put down (deadly srs)
5'2.5 guy here, was done growing at like 12/13 (had x rays of growth plates done) please don't use the term manlet for anyone 5'8+ ever again

I know people get offended by this but I have a few logical reasons.

1) Being over 6ft is really good for aesthetics, from a bodybuilding perspective (look at the Hodgetwins) as taller guys will always looker nicer when built
2) Taller people will get more respect in general when they walk into the room.
3) I have a thing for taller girls like 5ft 6 to 5ft 10/11 so it would be ideal if I could be taller as well, especially if they wore heels.

Sorry if this offends you though :smile:
Original post by AJFShaz
Dead lift as well?
But do ALOT of jogging. I honestly grew by jogging a bit... hehe well cardio.

Also you know you can stretch out your spine?

Yep and yes :smile:

Thanks for the help!
Reply 29
Yep and yes :smile:

Thanks for the help!

No problem,

Irony is I'm in rotherham too o_0
Reply 30
I know people get offended by this but I have a few logical reasons.

1) Being over 6ft is really good for aesthetics, from a bodybuilding perspective (look at the Hodgetwins) as taller guys will always looker nicer when built
2) Taller people will get more respect in general when they walk into the room.
3) I have a thing for taller girls like 5ft 6 to 5ft 10/11 so it would be ideal if I could be taller as well, especially if they wore heels.

Sorry if this offends you though :smile:

Didn't mean to come off offended, more shocked!

1)Bodybuilding..Ronnie Coleman is 5'11, Lee Priest is 5'4 even! And the taller you are the longer it takes, the more you got to eat to bulk, the further ROM you have because of larger limbs!

2) You find someone disrespecting Lee Priest or someone like Bruce Lee (5'7) let me know. And speaking from my own experiences I know 2 other guys my height and they get loads of crap, I don't...The amount of respect you receive is mostly down to how you act.

3) You're 6 foot girls will still want you - some tall girls are just happy to find a man taller than them barefooted
Original post by AJFShaz
No problem,

Irony is I'm in rotherham too o_0

seriously lol?! Which secondary did you go to?
Reply 32
seriously lol?! Which secondary did you go to?

Brinsworth Comp.

How's about you?
Original post by jd1997
Didn't mean to come off offended, more shocked!

1)Bodybuilding..Ronnie Coleman is 5'11, Lee Priest is 5'4 even! And the taller you are the longer it takes, the more you got to eat to bulk, the further ROM you have because of larger limbs!

2) You find someone disrespecting Lee Priest or someone like Bruce Lee (5'7) let me know. And speaking from my own experiences I know 2 other guys my height and they get loads of crap, I don't...The amount of respect you receive is mostly down to how you act.

3) You're 6 foot girls will still want you - some tall girls are just happy to find a man taller than them barefooted

Fair enough for points 2 and 3, I see where you're coming from :smile:

Regarding point 1 these guys also look like clouds or something lol because they're so small and built. I mean from a normal natural bodybuilding perspective, a taller guy with longer limbs looks more aesthetic imo. Although I also take on board that it's harder to bulk!
Original post by AJFShaz
Brinsworth Comp.

How's about you?

Clifton :smile: Went to TRC for A-levels and am at Sheff uni atm!
Original post by AJFShaz
I
Girls rarely grow once they start their periods... Sorry girls

This made me laugh, I can't imagine you actually believe this? So all the 12 year old girls are at their full adult height? I wouldn't think so. Maybe you are under the impression that girls start their periods at 17? Wrongo.
Reply 36
Clifton :smile: Went to TRC for A-levels and am at Sheff uni atm!

Oh I'm at TRC now haha, going for 2014 entry medicine :biggrin:
Original post by AJFShaz
Oh I'm at TRC now haha, going for 2014 entry medicine :biggrin:

Haha nice one. Are you going for sheff med? If so, might see you there one day :wink:
Reply 38
Fair enough for points 2 and 3, I see where you're coming from :smile:

Regarding point 1 these guys also look like clouds or something lol because they're so small and built. I mean from a normal natural bodybuilding perspective, a taller guy with longer limbs looks more aesthetic imo. Although I also take on board that it's harder to bulk!

I do agree that a taller guy will normally look more aesthetic -it often depends on the person's build more than anything - but as another example zyzz the god of aesthetics was 6'1 I believe, so only an inch taller than you. But really at 6' and lifting you will look more aesthetic than the vast majority of people
Original post by tooosh

Yeah misc can be quite **** sometimes. People bitch about everything there...

Yeah definitely. Now that I think about it the average there is 6ft, when this obviously isn't true in real life.

Quick Reply

Latest