The Student Room Group

Men, how much did you grow after 19?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CJKay
I'm 5'7" and I haven't grown at all since turning 19 and I don't expect to do any more.

There's nothing wrong with 5'5" on women. Some believe, like me, it's an ideal height for a woman. In any case no, the chances are you won't grow any more - girls stop growing at around 17, but guys don't stop until around 21.

Holy s***, that gives me a year to get off my 5'2" pedestal! :tongue:

Original post by AreebWithaHat
Did any guys here grow much after 19? I would love a few more inches, but at 19 I'm not sure anymore. I guess I'm looking for some hope...

Feel like a manlet even though I'm 6'.

Honestly OP, 6ft is a really good height in my opinion!
Reply 81
I stopped growing by the age of 13/14 at 6'5", yes I know that's freakishly tall for someone that age. Now I'm nearly 18, I am still the same height.
Reply 82
Original post by Peaches & Cream

And if not, a lot of guys like smaller girls too. Tall guys included. I am 6'4" and have, er, been involved with girls between 4'10" and 6'1". I think being short for a guy is much worse than being short for a girl (not that you're particularly short, only a couple of inches and not even one standard deviation below the average height of 5'4").
Original post by JordanR
If it makes you feel better, you can just lie to girls and say you're 6'2" or something and they'll believe you. You're definitely lucky. 6'0"-6'4" is perfection, I would say.

Although there is this which suggests that 5'9"-5'11" is optimal for being attractive to women, and that men both taller and shorter than this are seen as being less attractive.

dips screw me over too. don't bother with them, you can really mess yourself up. Lying triceps extensions (rippetoe style) and pushdowns or closegrip bench are all you need.

Oh right, a bit unexpected lol but I guess it makes some sense. Things could be a bit awkward if the male was significantly taller than the female.

Yeah I know, stopped them a few months ago due to the strain. Will google the rippetoe extensions but I already do pushdowns :smile:

Honestly OP, 6ft is a really good height in my opinion!

Yeah I think I was just being paranoid lol
Reply 85
Original post by AreebWithaHat
Oh right, a bit unexpected lol but I guess it makes some sense. Things could be a bit awkward if the male was significantly taller than the female.

Yeah I know, stopped them a few months ago due to the strain. Will google the rippetoe extensions but I already do pushdowns :smile:

If by awkward you mean "insanely awesome" and "oh my god I am the same size of her forearm" then yes, pretty awkward. :tongue: Although honestly, I've had nothing but positive things said about my height. In all fairness I suspect there's some sort of bias there since girls who thought negatively of my height are unlikely to say anything about it.

They're the best triceps exercise, in my opinion, because they use all three heads of the triceps. (on a side note, I had how even singular triceps is still triceps. I know it's right, but it just looks and feels wrong.)
Original post by JordanR
If it makes you feel better, you can just lie to girls and say you're 6'2" or something and they'll believe you. You're definitely lucky. 6'0"-6'4" is perfection, I would say.

Although there is this which suggests that 5'9"-5'11" is optimal for being attractive to women, and that men both taller and shorter than this are seen as being less attractive.

This :sexface:
Original post by JordanR
And if not, a lot of guys like smaller girls too. Tall guys included. I am 6'4" and have, er, been involved with girls between 4'10" and 6'1". I think being short for a guy is much worse than being short for a girl (not that you're particularly short, only a couple of inches and not even one standard deviation below the average height of 5'4").

Yeah, like the OP, I think I'm just paranoid.

I think it's because I've been 'the short one' in my group of friends, all my life, and although I'm catching up now (lots of my friends are between 5'3" and 5'6"), it's pretty much ingrained into my head that I'm short! :tongue:
Reply 88
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
This :sexface:

How YOU doin'?

edit: :sexface:

Yeah, like the OP, I think I'm just paranoid.

I think it's because I've been 'the short one' in my group of friends, all my life, and although I'm catching up now (lots of my friends are between 5'3" and 5'6"), it's pretty much ingrained into my head that I'm short! :tongue:

Probably. 5'2" really isn't too short. Pretty much any girl less than 5'8" seems "short" to me, so it's all the same really, unless you're exceptionally tiny.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by JordanR

Probably. 5'2" really isn't too short. Pretty much any girl less than 5'8" seems "short" to me, so it's all the same really, unless you're exceptionally tiny.

I'm underweight (not majorly, I'm working on it) and look a bit young for my age so I don't think it helps my cause...:erm:
Original post by JordanR
How YOU doin'?

edit: :sexface:

Oh you know, just sittin' here mirin' all the wonderfully tall guys on here :daydreaming:
Reply 91
I'm underweight (not majorly, I'm working on it) and look a bit young for my age so I don't think it helps my cause...:erm:

Ah, possibly not. Also, posture helps a lot too. If you don't stand tall and straight then you'll look a lot smaller than you really are. If you're slightly built then again, you'll appear smaller. But if you're working on this stuff then there's nothing to worry about.
Oh you know, just sittin' here mirin' all the wonderfully tall guys on here :daydreaming:

Tall guys? All I see are manlets as far as the eye can see. Makes Christmas trees look tiny mode checking in :tongue:

(that is a really terrible picture of my face, wow)
Original post by JordanR

Tall guys? All I see are manlets as far as the eye can see. Makes Christmas trees look tiny mode checking in :tongue:

(that is a really terrible picture of my face, wow)

Haha loving the onesie. It looks like you're praying :lol:

My brother beats you by half an inch btw :awesome:
Reply 93
Haha loving the onesie. It looks like you're praying :lol:

My brother beats you by half an inch btw :awesome:

Anything over 6'4" is just awkward. :tongue: Seriously, I think 6'4" is bordering on being too much, with 6'2" being the ideal. Unless you're one of the rare people who are perfectly proportioned at large heights (broad shoulders, etc.).
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by suicidaloverbusiness
I know this thread is mainly for guys, but i've just turned 19. I'm currently 5ft 5 and female, will I grow anymore?

I'm not keen on staying at 5ft 5.

I grew about half an inch between 22-23. So possibly you might grow a tiny bit more but I doubt anything significant.
Original post by ComplexionBEng
When i was 17 i was still 165cm, 3 years later in 175-77cm. If you parent a tall or decent height don't worry.

Well my mum is 4ft 10 (not good)
And my dad is 5ft 9

So maybe 5,8 will happen but I don't know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
I'm 18 and have a height of 6'2" or so. I would ****ing kill to lose a few inches.
I've gained about 1 maybe 1.5cm. Nothing much

I'm probably ONLY JUST 6'0", too short for 6'1" though I think.
Reply 98
6' is a great size, you're taller than most women, so you're beyond that awkward barrier, and you're not too tall that you look like slenderman creeping about. I'm 6'6, and it's a pain. Sometimes literally. Single beds are a nightmare, and doorframes can do one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I grew about half an inch between 22-23. So possibly you might grow a tiny bit more but I doubt anything significant.

If I can get to 5ft 6, i'd be pretty happy. I'm about a third of an inch above 5ft 5.
There is hope! :biggrin:
Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest