The Student Room Group

Raf firefighter spec interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
How did it go boys?
Reply 41
Original post by Eden.d1990
How did it go boys?

It went fine mate, absolutely loved it!!!
Original post by cbrereton

What are the three days like at manston? What do you do the presentation about and when do you find out if your in?

I've got my 2nd medical on monday but had alot of delays and should of been going down with you lads.

Any info would be great thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 43
How did it go boys?

And girls!!!

But yeah it was brilliant! Just make sure your fitness is up to standard and your be fine - also take alot more clothing than you think as you have about 8 clothes changes a day!!
Reply 44
So what should i be expecting from tests and presentation etc any thing i should be looking up more thn others etc? And my strength and fitness is good or atleast i think it is its just whats on the tests that im not sure about what they include
Reply 45

You got email or facebook? And what kind of things are the tests on?
Reply 46
Original post by Coutin89
And girls!!!

But yeah it was brilliant! Just make sure your fitness is up to standard and your be fine - also take alot more clothing than you think as you have about 8 clothes changes a day!!

I think my fitness is okay haha what was written exam on?
Reply 47
You got email or facebook? And what kind of things are the tests on?

Yeah Facebook cam Brereton I'm on my own pouting haha think there's only one of me anyway, written test fine if you prepare before you go, background of raf fire service, trucks they use, what DFT&DC stands for, about Falklands war etc, it's all in your study pack on the day you get there but look it up before you go

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Yeah Facebook cam Brereton I'm on my own pouting haha think there's only one of me anyway, written test fine if you prepare before you go, background of raf fire service, trucks they use, what DFT&DC stands for, about Falklands war etc, it's all in your study pack on the day you get there but look it up before you go

I
Posted from TSR Mobile

ll add you now pal my names eden ive got a white shirt in picture
Reply 49
orite guys is anyone going down next week? i start monday morning
Reply 50
Original post by kyle.123
orite guys is anyone going down next week? i start monday morning

1st of december im going down pal
Reply 51
1st of december im going down pal
Same mate, did you speak with your AFCO about sorting going down the day before? Because I believe it starts on the 2nd.
Reply 52
Original post by owlzzz
Same mate, did you speak with your AFCO about sorting going down the day before? Because I believe it starts on the 2nd.

Yeah pal from middlesbrough so dnt fancy the travel same day haha! You got facebook lad? Ill chat on there
Reply 53
Yeah pal from middlesbrough so dnt fancy the travel same day haha! You got facebook lad? Ill chat on there

Yeah lad, Mark Thornton - Type Sheffield afterwards. I'm in a club on my profile picture ha,
Reply 54
Original post by owlzzz
Yeah lad, Mark Thornton - Type Sheffield afterwards. I'm in a club on my profile picture ha,

Aye pal added you... I think ha
Reply 55
Hi,

Just got my selection interview date .. Any ideas you have to know about the selection interview for that .. or is it just basic knowledge on the RAF e.g. basic training , Nato .. etc
Reply 56
Original post by Ferg05
Hi,

Just got my selection interview date .. Any ideas you have to know about the selection interview for that .. or is it just basic knowledge on the RAF e.g. basic training , Nato .. etc

Interveiw at your local afco? Just talkin about your self for most of it then they ask about what nato means how many countries they are in nato and about of yu know how long basic training is and what it involves 'exercise blue warrior' n all that jazz
Reply 57
Did any of you guys remember what bases you could be posted to? Not all bases require firefighters

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Original post by mike1990
Did any of you guys remember what bases you could be posted to? Not all bases require firefighters

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aircraft bases right? And some radar stations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
From my initial interview I gathered that most likely is the stations with fast jets, RAF lossiemouth is a good one to be clued up on !

Quick Reply

Latest