The Student Room Group

Appropriate qualifications to becoming a pilot?

Is Geography A-Level, Psychology, I.T and BTEC Science (maths and physics units) appropriate qualifications to become a pilot? I know you don't need any but just wondering?
Reply 1
To be blunt, there are no academic qualifications required to be a pilot. All you require is approximately £80,000 to get your professional licence and a shedload of luck to get a job. Some airlines might prefer you to have a University Degree, but not all. Hope that helps.
Original post by TomParkinson11
Is Geography A-Level, Psychology, I.T and BTEC Science (maths and physics units) appropriate qualifications to become a pilot? I know you don't need any but just wondering?

Id definitely take geography a-level. Then instead of the btec science, id take maths a-level and either chemistry or physics a-levels, of both.
Reply 3
Original post by TomParkinson11

I'm not saying not to take Geography, by all means, if you want to, take it. But, having done Geography, I can safely say that it would not contribute much (if at all) to helping you to become a pilot.
However, not many would really contribute greatly, as said before, the training and stuff to become a pilot does not necessarily need qualification.
Reply 4
Okay thanks a lot! I know you said that pilots need no formal qualifications, but if you do take a-levels, are there any grade requirements? Like do you need to be an a* student or can you get B&C's?

Quick Reply

Latest