The Student Room Group

Lying about how I met this guy

I met this guy through a really dodgy website for sex meetups, which is what we (sort of) did. I'd quite like to tell my mates about him though because it went quite well and he's keen for me to go clubbing with his mates + my mates (and well we talk about that stuff so :tongue:). However, I'm not comfortable in telling them how we met (the reason I was on the website is something I'd like to keep private) so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what I could say? I'm at college while he's a bit older and at work, and lives in an area I don't normally go to.

(It'd be nice for advice and not calling me a slut or whatever :smile: )

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
perhaps like, a friend of a friend of a friend?
Maybe just tell them you guys met online. You don't have to be specific, and it's not lying or hard to remember either.
It's not that big a deal. Although, it's understandable why you may not want them to know that you guys met through a sex meetup website.
Reply 3
Original post by anonymouspie227
Maybe just tell them you guys met online. You don't have to be specific, and it's not lying or hard to remember either.
It's not that big a deal. Although, it's understandable why you may not want them to know that you guys met through a sex meetup website.

This really. You could say you met on a dating website perhaps? Just make sure that he knows this is what you've told your friends so he doesn't blurt out how you actually met.
Reply 4

Original post by eliza.anne
This really. You could say you met on a dating website perhaps? Just make sure that he knows this is what you've told your friends so he doesn't blurt out how you actually met.

I still think its kind of strange saying dating website, because being under 18 its not really something teenagers go on. Unless desperate, but i dont wwant them to think that obviously.

Friend of a friend could work, but I don't have very many friends I could pretend to have met them through.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I still think its kind of strange saying dating website, because being under 18 its not really something teenagers go on. Unless desperate, but i dont wwant them to think that obviously.

Friend of a friend could work, but I don't have very many friends I could pretend to have met them through.

Hmm, well I met people online before I was 18 just from forums I was on. Could just say you were on a chat website and started talking to this guy, you both got along really well so decided to meet up and see how it went? :smile:

Also I wouldn't go with the friend of a friend thing. You'd have to tell him to play along and make sure he knew a little bit about said friend, he'd probably forget and what if one of your friends who are coming mentions it to the friend you supposedly met though? Best to say online, they won't find out then.
(edited 10 years ago)

How old are you and how old is he?
Reply 7
Original post by eliza.anne
Hmm, well I met people online before I was 18 just from forums I was on. Could just say you were on a chat website and started talking to this guy, you both got along really well so decided to meet up and see how it went? :smile:

Also I wouldn't go with the friend of a friend thing. You'd have to tell him to play along and make sure he knew a little bit about said friend, he'd probably forget and what if one of your friends who are coming mentions it to the friend you supposedly met though? Best to say online, they won't find out then.

That sounds pretty reasonable :smile: I'll have to be vague about the forum I guess.

How old are you and how old is he?
Reply 8
I'm nearly 17 he's 20 (sorry about quoting)

It's ok. I still think online is a fine bet, I mean you could say Tumblr or something, lots of people meet on tumblr, or just Facebook! Some kind of social networking site where you can add random people etc/ follow them.

Same, what was the website? Lol.
I agree with everyone above.

As long as you two are in on the "white lie" together, just tell your friends you met him online. :tongue:
Reply 11
My friend's ex was on a sex meetup website. He met up with quite a few girls but there were a few instances where he was actually met by men - beaten up twice and robbed once. So be careful :lol:
Reply 12
This is true, I just imagine sex websites would be seedier than other chat websites. Excuse the pun. :teehee: It was especially bad as he'd seen two of the girls on webcam beforehand, they were just there to set him up though.

I've only met people online if I've spoken to them for a few months at least and feel they're trustworthy personally.
Reply 13
The downfall of civilization, the principality of lost souls. Should you continue to live such disturbing lifestyles your Islamic counterparts will conquer you as they stick to the fundamental principle of god-fearing civilization, where the difference between right/wrong has been embodied in their daily ethic. You should have known better than that.
Reply 14
Thanks guys - not sure what I'll say yet but probably Tumblr or Twitter.

The website is a dogging website - honestly not an activity of mine! Agree with Eliza I'm pretty sure most girls are fake, and most of the people seem kinda shady. I only replied to this guy on the whim as he'd left his phone number and honestly I'm surprised he isn't actually a weirdo.
I met this guy through a really dodgy website for sex meetups, which is what we (sort of) did. I'd quite like to tell my mates about him though because it went quite well and he's keen for me to go clubbing with his mates + my mates (and well we talk about that stuff so :tongue:). However, I'm not comfortable in telling them how we met (the reason I was on the website is something I'd like to keep private) so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what I could say? I'm at college while he's a bit older and at work, and lives in an area I don't normally go to.

(It'd be nice for advice and not calling me a slut or whatever :smile: )

Maybe try to keep it as close to the truth as possible.

Just tell them you met online and if they do then ask what website (I met my boyfriend on twitter and I find people do often ask what website when I say we met online) then just claim it was a regular dating website/a social networking site/a forum.
Reply 16
Just say you met in a club one night while he was visiting your local town.

You're SIXTEEN and using a sex website to hook up with and sleep with random guys? You shouldn't even have been able to register - they are 18+ for a good reason - lots of weirdos and predators on those kind of sites.

What is so important to you sexually that you lie, cheat and deceive your way to it?
Reply 18
"Oh; he's a teacher. I mean, was a teacher."
Reply 19
Just say you met him at a burrito stand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending