The Student Room Group

I just feel awful

I have no job, I split up with my girlfriend(who is now with someone else) and it generally feels like my life is going nowhere. I feel stuck. I can't be bothered anymore. I always have this sinking feeling in my stomach and I become overcome with dread. I do go out and see my friends, but I don't enjoy it that much anymore. My life just isn't that good and it hasn't been for a long time. And don't say it takes time because it's been like this for almost a year.
You have God.
My advice, just start with one thing at a time - eg a job. Get your CV out there and just focus on getting back into employment. That will definitely take time so don't expect a quick fix. Then I guess you could focus on other things to make your life more fulfilling when your employed again. All the best.
Reply 4
Original post by PerArduaAdAstra
My advice, just start with one thing at a time - eg a job. Get your CV out there and just focus on getting back into employment. That will definitely take time so don't expect a quick fix. Then I guess you could focus on other things to make your life more fulfilling when your employed again. All the best.

I know how long it takes to get a job. I feel like I made a huge mistake in not going to uni because at least then I would have moved away and met new people.
Reply 6
Live for others and not yourself. You will feel better about life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending