The Student Room Group

Knee Injury

I'm currently studying A-levels Maths and Physics. I've always had dreams of becoming a Pilot Officer but doubt this ever happening, as I recieved a knee injury 3 years ago. I suffered a dislocated knee as the result of someone skiing directly into the side of my leg. My knee was in a splint for 4 weeks, however i did not require sergery and have had an 'all clear' by the doctor just a few months ago. I was worrying that this would show up on my medical records if I tried to apply as a pilot officer. Even though i've had confirmation from a doctor that my knee is 100%, would this affect my chances?

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Reply 1
I'm no expert but a lot of people break one or two bones while they're young, so you're hardly alone. Also if you got it doing something like skiing, it might even say you're not afraid to take risks?
Reply 2
If you've been "all-cleared" by your doctor, you don't have much to worry about. The RAF appreciates that no-one's super-human, and that we all take knocks from time-to-time. Saying it happened whilst skiing may also be of a benefit.

Latest

Trending

Trending