The Student Room Group

Welcome to the dark and twisty mind of well, me. :/

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Stop being an an annoying prick most people would want to be someone's someone. Most people only have 3-5 true friends.
Reply 2
4 true friends is not bad, you could do worse. rejecting a guy because he does drugs does not turn you into a fat hedgehog, its the normal thing to do.

about this void, I might be able to help you with that on the weekends :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by Cephalosporin
So I'm 20, been on dates with guys.... but before things get really serious, I always end up rejecting them. I don't know why I do it but when I learn certain things about the guys I've been dating (ie, habits like drug abuse, conflicting views toward certain topics I'm particularly passionate about, skewed values, past relationships, or just these small/insignificant things they do that really irk me), I usually call it quits. This has happened 4 times in the past 2 years. I'd like to think I am quite open - minded and tolerant when it comes to friendships but I just can't handle most people at a more intimate level. I also hate the idea of being someone's someone and am repulsed by the term "you are mine". Ahem. Excuse me? How about, erm, NO? I'm not your pencil sharpener or your couch cushion.

I feel like I've turned into this angry, little hedgehog with this really annoyed view towards the world.

To top that, I'm also rather socially retarded, difficult to get to know. If I'm to count the number of people I'd really call my true friends, my count wouldn't even go past 4. At the same time, I'm terrified of being alone. I feel the desperate need to fill this... void every time I find it creeping up on me.... Ah.

Anyone care to shed light on this? Should I stop being an annoying prick and settle or am I just dating all the wrong guys?

I feel like this the second someone dumps a load of emotional baggage onto me. It's an unfair thing for them to be doing, tbh.
Reply 4
Original post by Cephalosporin
So I'm 20, been on dates with guys.... but before things get really serious, I always end up rejecting them. I don't know why I do it but when I learn certain things about the guys I've been dating (ie, habits like drug abuse, conflicting views toward certain topics I'm particularly passionate about, skewed values, past relationships, or just these small/insignificant things they do that really irk me), I usually call it quits. This has happened 4 times in the past 2 years. I'd like to think I am quite open - minded and tolerant when it comes to friendships but I just can't handle most people at a more intimate level. I also hate the idea of being someone's someone and am repulsed by the term "you are mine". Ahem. Excuse me? How about, erm, NO? I'm not your pencil sharpener or your couch cushion.

I feel like I've turned into this angry, little hedgehog with this really annoyed view towards the world.

To top that, I'm also rather socially retarded, difficult to get to know. If I'm to count the number of people I'd really call my true friends, my count wouldn't even go past 4. At the same time, I'm terrified of being alone. I feel the desperate need to fill this... void every time I find it creeping up on me.... Ah.

Anyone care to shed light on this? Should I stop being an annoying prick and settle or am I just dating all the wrong guys?

i'd say you're fine. You have met a few guys n not liked any that's good. Shows you're not just a dumb girl that says yes to anyone and one that knows what she wants n who she wants- and there are people that fit the bill, its just a matter of finding them. If some guy really likes you he will try and put up with your 'crap' as he thinks you are worth it.
My girlfriend is hard work, but i think shes worth it. She probably thinks im hard work too but i hope she thinks im worth it.

Point dont change for anyone, if the guy really likes you he will keep at it like i did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending