The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ocelot92
14 Azurite is a mineral made up of a mixture of CuCO3 and Cu(OH)2.

Which one of the following is a possible formula of azurite?

A Cu3CH4O4
B Cu3CH4O5
C Cu3CH4O6
D Cu3C2H2O6
E Cu3C2H2O7
F Cu3C2H2O8

WHAT IS THE QUESTION ASKING?

dont understand this either, anyone?
Original post by StellaRawr11

It's made of
Cu 2+
OH -
CO3 2-

Ions.

Combine them to get a balanced charged compound

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4622
Original post by StellaRawr11

Don't know the answer but I guess it's the last one - F. You have 3 Cu... meaning one of the formulae must be multiplied by 2. If you multiplied the Cu(OH)2... it would be Cu3CH4O7 but such option isn't provided so you have to multiply by 2 the second compound - CuCO3 giving you altogether with one Cu(OH)2 Cu3C2H2O8. :smile: That's just my understanding of it. Does it match the answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
BMAT section 2 Q2 the displacement reaction, I get all the metals one but..
why doesnt 2KCl + 2F- works?
I would think that F will displace Cl?
URGENT!!

When is the latest you can book the BMAT?
Original post by mister K
URGENT!!

When is the latest you can book the BMAT?

15th October but have to pay a higher fee. Most people do it in their school.
Original post by quidditchfan
15th october but have to pay a higher fee. Most people do it in their school.

thank youuuu
are we given physics formula sheet and chemistry periodic table?
Reply 4628
Original post by Abster121
are we given physics formula sheet and chemistry periodic table?

Depends. If they would include a question asking you to calculate for example molecular mass of a compound with elements such as Fe or Sn, then yes (or they would provide the relative atomic masses within the question). However, you are supposed to know RAMs of elements such as H, O, C, N, Mg or Cl... these are easy to remember. As for physics, was it a joke? Sure thing they won't give you the formulae... everybody can just put in the figures. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
NEED HELP HELP HELP!!

Ok so I'm stuck with this question: 2013 Scientific knowledge and applications: Question 25

Really need an explanation!! Also would be great if someone could explain Question 16 and Question 24!

It can be accessed here: http://www.admissionstestingservice....ring-for-bmat/

Thank you so much!
How would one compare the 400Q BMAT book with the actual questions in the exam?
Can anyone explain this essay topic and give some points
"When you want to know how things really work, study them when they are coming
apart." (William Gibson)
Explain what this statement means. Argue to the contrary. To what extent do you agree with the
assertion?

Thanks
Original post by aprocrastinator
How would one compare the 400Q BMAT book with the actual questions in the exam?

I remember the science questions and essay questions being quite similar. They're plenty of BMAT past papers if you want to see actual BMAT questions :smile:
Can someone please do this :frown:

There are 15 entries for the BMAT from a sixth-form college. Three of the candidates are
taking biology, chemistry, mathematics and physics; the remainder are taking three out of
these four subjects. All 15 candidates are taking chemistry and 13 of them are taking
biology. There are 9 girls. What is the largest number of boys that could be taking both
mathematics and physics?

ans - 5
Original post by sarasaeed97
Can someone please do this :frown:

There are 15 entries for the BMAT from a sixth-form college. Three of the candidates are
taking biology, chemistry, mathematics and physics; the remainder are taking three out of
these four subjects. All 15 candidates are taking chemistry and 13 of them are taking
biology. There are 9 girls. What is the largest number of boys that could be taking both
mathematics and physics?

ans - 5

Okay because it asks what the LARGEST number boys can be, you can assume that the 3 taking every subject are boys. Combine this information with the fact that 15 are doing chemistry means you have 12 people left. Of these 12, 9 are girls therefore they're only 3 boys left. Now we also know 13 are doing bio, 13 - 3 boys that are doing all subjects gives us 10 people doing bio. We only have 9 girls therefore one of the boys must be taking bio instead of maths or physics to make up the number ten. From this we can now say 3 boys are doing every subject + 2 boys are doing Maths, physics and Chem. Hope that helps
When and how do we get our BMAT number? SAQ asks for it but I have no idea how to get it???
Original post by aprocrastinator
When and how do we get our BMAT number? SAQ asks for it but I have no idea how to get it???

Your school registers you and gives you the number.
Reply 4637
What would constitute a score in each section that would be acceptable for cambridge?
I know this is an old thread but does anyone have any BMAT Essay Exemplars?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fred has a four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) for his card to draw money out of his
bank account. All possible 10 000 numbers are allowed. His bank has an unusual security
system: it requires customers to get exactly one digit wrong each time, and not to use the same
four-digit code as was used the previous time. Someone steals his card, but has no information
about Fred’s PIN.
How many numbers that the thief could try would be accepted as valid?

Latest

Trending

Trending