The Student Room Group

Why Don't You Ride a Motorbike?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Coffinman
Before it was 21 and if you wanted you could get a proper license by taking your test on a half decent 125.

Indeed, but what proportion of people going down the direct access route or going to to get big bikes were under 24?

Perhaps I have an overly skewed view of the age distribution in motorcycling, but my perception is that very few people will have been substantially affected by the rule changes.
It probably makes no difference to old people with some disposable income who decide they want a sports bike for the weekend but for everyone else they've put the price up for a full license by at least £500.
For example young people need to take multiple tests and older bikers who may have bought a 125cc to commute now can't get a proper license without taking a test on a large bike.
Reply 102
I'm more likely to die on a bike, I don't have to wear a full body outfit to drive my car, I'm always going places with friends and family that fill up all of the spaces in my car, I'm not impacted much by the weather when I drive my car, I can keep 100000x more stuff in my car.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending