The Student Room Group

Will I able to get onto a science course with a crappy AS maths grade?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anonymouspie227
Course you can! Just check out Ucas and the specific Uni's and you'll find they don't all require maths lol. My friend got an e in As maths. Got 5 offers for a science degree! (some russell group too)

Thank you :colondollar: ...I was quite panicky
Original post by SpeedyGonzales27
Thank you :colondollar: ...I was quite panicky

:smile:! it's cool!
This is true but it's hard because I've had to make my decision today because I'm going on holiday soon and won't be around for results day and honestly I feel like doing geography instead of maths will allow be to get better grades overall

As someone who is doing geography like you most science based courses accept Geography and even maths (particularly physics) , so you worked out what you did wrong in AS and implement those improvements in A2 you should be fine.

Hope this helps , enjoy your holiday :cool:
Ahh ok :/ so you are saying that because you didn't do a2 maths you're only likely to get a b in chem...I wont be applying for a pure science degree as in chemistry...at least I don't think
honestly my plan is to do graduate medicine so I'm not even sure what I want to study

No I find chem challenging so a B for me is good as I got a C at AS. I find biology a lot easier and am hoping for an A/A* but that's just me personally. I'm not sure I'd get an A even if I was good at maths..I wouldn't worry too much about it, I'm still not sure what I want to do! Take a look at foundation courses for medicine if that's what you want to do. Graduate medicine is considerably harder to get into than undergrad

Quick Reply