The Student Room Group

partner earned 30k last year.. this yr nothing? help!

Hi last year my partner did not live with me and was earning 30k.
This year he lives with me and earns nothing at all.

Im.mature student with two children.

Student finance have asked for partners earnings. Yet when I said he never lived with.me last year plus earned 30k and now nothing! Not even jsa they told me to.just fill im the independent form??

Ive just down finance calculator and I lose out on quite a bit?

Have they advised me correctly??

Thanks
If you want to claim your PLA and CCG you will have to provide his income details, and they have to be the 11/12 tax year details. You have to apply with these details first if you want any income assessed funding at all. It doesn't matter that he didn't live with you in 11/12 tax year - they use this year because it's the most recent year the HMRC can confirm for them.

After you have submitted your application fully, you can send in the CYI form to instead be assessed on estimates for 13/14: http://www.sfengland.slc.co.uk/media/592412/sfe_cyi_1314_d.pdf

Note that if you switch to a CYI basis, and your partner does start earning before the tax year ends, you may have to pay back some grant if it was awarded on the basis of no income.
he should only be receiving nothing if your income is sufficient to put you above benefit levels or he has savings above the cut off. So why is he not receiving any benefit payment?

As you've been told you can apply for your grant to be based on the current year position.
Reply 3
Thsnk you everyone I shall get the forms filled.

Jsa has been stopped we are hopefully waiting on hardship payment until he findd work.. thats another story.

So at very min hes got nothing coming in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending