The Student Room Group

Pulling out of CASH IN

hey guys, so i do math and further math for my AS and am awaiting results next week. Our examination officer has cashed in our math grades which means we will be receiving one grade for A level math instead of two grades for AS levels further math. eg: We will receive A* for A level math rather than AA for AS level math and further math.
I was wondering if it is possible to pull out of reverse the cash in and receive AA instead of the A*
Reply 1
What units have you completed? The units needed for a full A level are different from the units needed for 2 AS, it would be a strange combination that could be cashed in either way.
Reply 2
Original post by greenbeast
hey guys, so i do math and further math for my AS and am awaiting results next week. Our examination officer has cashed in our math grades which means we will be receiving one grade for A level math instead of two grades for AS levels further math. eg: We will receive A* for A level math rather than AA for AS level math and further math.
I was wondering if it is possible to pull out of reverse the cash in and receive AA instead of the A*

As GDunne says, different units are required for A level maths and AS Maths and Further Maths so I don't understand what you say. Even if you are correct it is unlikely that you will be able to change anything now as:

If you are at a state school this change may affect their funding

It is too late to make admin changes easily to summer entries, added to which the exams officer is probably on holiday.

Reply 3
Original post by gdunne42
What units have you completed? The units needed for a full A level are different from the units needed for 2 AS, it would be a strange combination that could be cashed in either way.

I did : C1, C2, C3, C4, M1, M2

Im actually an international student from a South East Asian country. Our exam officer cashed in our Math grades as A level math. So theres no chance pull out the cash in yeah? The school would be fine with it if its possible
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Data
As GDunne says, different units are required for A level maths and AS Maths and Further Maths so I don't understand what you say. Even if you are correct it is unlikely that you will be able to change anything now as:

If you are at a state school this change may affect their funding

It is too late to make admin changes easily to summer entries, added to which the exams officer is probably on holiday.

Im actually an international student from a South East Asian country. Our exam officer cashed in our Math grades as A level math. So theres no chance pull out the cash in yeah? The school would be fine with it if its possible
Reply 5

If they are the units you have done then you can't cash in 2 AS levels.
C1+C2+M1 = AS maths OR C1+C2+C3 = AS Pure maths (can't have both)

C1-C4+M1+M2 = A level maths

You can't cash in FurtherMaths AS - you don't have FP1 or enough other permitted units
Reply 6
If they are the units you have done then you can't cash in 2 AS levels.
C1+C2+M1 = AS maths OR C1+C2+C3 = AS Pure maths (can't have both)

C1-C4+M1+M2 = A level maths

You can't cash in FurtherMaths AS - you don't have FP1 or enough other permitted units

It was cashed in as A level Math.. the thing is i want to have the flexibility of moving around units to get the greatest grade for my A level further maths this coming year.. but since its cashed it i may not be able to move my M2 into my further math grade
Reply 7
It was cashed in as A level Math.. the thing is i want to have the flexibility of moving around units to get the greatest grade for my A level further maths this coming year.. but since its cashed it i may not be able to move my M2 into my further math grade

Yes you will, your exams officer just needs to cash Maths in again next year to unlock the results when they cash in Further Maths and it all gets sorted automatically to optimise you overall grades.
Reply 8
Yes you will, your exams officer just needs to cash Maths in again next year to unlock the results when they cash in Further Maths and it all gets sorted automatically to optimise you overall grades.

Thanks a million brother!
really appreciate you clearing my doubt

Quick Reply