The Student Room Group

Universities and Languages?

I was just wondering, these past few months I've started to learn languages by teaching myself as I'm really into learning language and as I never took a language at college and I was just wondering, are there any universities that offer like a foundation year for students who never took a language at college like medicine?
Thanks
Reply 1
I cant say I've ever heard of any foundation years for languages, but that's probably because many universities will offer languages ab initio anyway, so if you want to something like that then most unis will run degrees where it's possible to start from scratch :smile:
One of my mates at uni studies Medicine and he was able to take a module in ab initio Spanish. I think it depends massively on your course but he only had the chance to do it in his third year.
Reply 3
As previous posters have mentioned there are a lot of courses that start languages from scratch, especially the more obscure languages like Arabic etc. Many unis also offer language courses which can be taken as credit options in other degrees or alongside a degree, so there are lots of opportunities out there :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest