The Student Room Group

Quitting a university. What happens with SF?

I studied my first year in University of East London and during the whole year i had doubts about my course as it wasn't for me and i was disappointed about the university as well. I also failed a module, then had to do resits and i think i will fail the resits too, though i still don't know the results. What is more, i'm having some financial problems and i can't study the next year even if i wanted to..
So now i want to quit the university, take a year from studies and earn some money and start a new course in a different university. My question is, how will this affect my tuition fees loan? (I'm an EU student so i didn't receive any grants or maintenance loans). Will i have to pay the tuition fees only after i earn more than the threshold or will there be a different process of repayment now that i quit the university? Also, will they be able to give me the loan for the studies i would start after a year?
Thanks
Original post by ZilviS
I studied my first year in University of East London and during the whole year i had doubts about my course as it wasn't for me and i was disappointed about the university as well. I also failed a module, then had to do resits and i think i will fail the resits too, though i still don't know the results. What is more, i'm having some financial problems and i can't study the next year even if i wanted to..
So now i want to quit the university, take a year from studies and earn some money and start a new course in a different university. My question is, how will this affect my tuition fees loan? (I'm an EU student so i didn't receive any grants or maintenance loans). Will i have to pay the tuition fees only after i earn more than the threshold or will there be a different process of repayment now that i quit the university? Also, will they be able to give me the loan for the studies i would start after a year?
Thanks

Student Finance your course length + one year. So if you were doing a three year course that's a maximum of four years funding.

So if this is the only year you've ever claimed, yes you can have funding.

I don't know about repayment rules for drop outs sorry.
Drop outs enter the standard loan repayment rules the April after they leave university. You should make sure the withdrawal is properly processed so that they know you're meant to be in repayment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending