The Student Room Group

Driving test next week in Harehills - Leeds

Hi all, I've been lurking this forum for the last few weeks so I thought I'd join and post a thread asking for help/advice in regards to the driving test.

Mine is due to take place a week tomorrow in Harehills, Leeds. I have read on numerous occasions that this has one of the lowest pass rates in the UK, so I was wondering if anyone on here has had their test at that test centre... and if so, how did it go? Anything I should look out for?
I'm quite confident in my driving ability but apprehensive about the area we'll be driving in.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Sophie. X
Original post by dixiewhiskey
Hi all, I've been lurking this forum for the last few weeks so I thought I'd join and post a thread asking for help/advice in regards to the driving test.

Mine is due to take place a week tomorrow in Harehills, Leeds. I have read on numerous occasions that this has one of the lowest pass rates in the UK, so I was wondering if anyone on here has had their test at that test centre... and if so, how did it go? Anything I should look out for?
I'm quite confident in my driving ability but apprehensive about the area we'll be driving in.
Sophie. X

Good luck Sophie.You can do it. My instructor gets his students to take the test at Horsforth because the pass rate is just a teeny bit higher.It's still awfully low though. I know about 5 people who passed at Harehills last year so you can definitely do it.Lots of practice and you will nail it.
Reply 2
Thank you Xev... I had a 2 hour lesson yesterday and I'm feeling quite confident. I'm also quite excited haha, I do enjoy being tested for some bizarre reason.
X
Original post by dixiewhiskey

Sophie. X

Yeah, don't take your test in Harehills / Easterly Rd. Leeds isn't very good for driving anyway, too much one ways and other stuff.
I have my test a week today in Harehills, I'm a confident driver but my nerves get the better of me sometimes, any advice?
Original post by libbispr96
I have my test a week today in Harehills, I'm a confident driver but my nerves get the better of me sometimes, any advice?

Take a couple of paracetamol before your test if nerves get the better of you. A couple of things from my first (failed) test in Harehills:

1) Make sure you're comfy and remain so. Don't be afraid to play with heating, windows, clothing, even a drink during the test, as long as you do so safely.
2) Don't try to analyse your progress, just keep driving and don't try to look at your mark sheet.
3) Over-exaggerate movement for looking around. I failed because I glanced right just by moving my eyes.
4) When you get to the roads where you have oncoming traffic having priority (you know where I mean), look over your shoulder before you pull away.
5) Remember that next week is the school holidays - traffic flow may be different to what you're used to. There may also be more children about.

Most of all though, just try relax. :smile:
Original post by libbispr96

I passed my first time at Harehills, it was a morning test & quite busy, so I spent a lot of the time in estates & quiet roads. Watch out if you're on Harehills lane, they really do just walk out from behind cars, pull out when they want. Just be prepared to put your foot on that brake if you're going down there.
Reply 7
Don't book your test in harehills guys, had the worst experience at the test centre. My examiner was shouting at me when I went the wrong way, he made me feel so uncomfortable and not safe, sitting with someone who is violent and doesn't want you to pass. My instructor told me to book my test in horsforth due to the examiner in harehills, my Instructor told me they have the worst examiners. The examiners name is john perings he made me drive for an hour instead of 45mins, this also shows how much he doesn't want people to pass. When he told me I failed he didn't say sorry but you failed, no sympathy whatsoever. When he asked me if I want to know why I shuck my shoulders and he yelled at me saying YES OR NO. I said no he left without even saying bye. The worst I ever experienced. Guys don't book your test there
Reply 8
The worst centre so far with racist,unfriendly instructor I was because I stay in 25 in 20 zone.No dangerous driving.harehills centre sucks
Racist? How was that then? Let's pull the racist card because you were speeding ...
Reply 10
Hi, I'm also sitting my driving test in just over 2 weeks in Glasgow, the test centre I'm using also doesn't have that high a pass rate. I'm bricking it but not beachside of my driving skills I'm confident in my ability it's my nerves that get to me and make me fluff the simplest of things. I learned to drive originally 8 years ago and failed 3 tests, all on menouvers (brain whent to mush) but can do them no problem during lessons! After giving up all those years ago I took refresher lessons in December and sit my test in 2 weeks but can't help feel either the nerves are gonna get to me again and then there is the low pass rate at this test centre.
Hi i ve been on test five times today i had a test aswel n i coudnt pass even though my driving is perfect it feels like they dont wanna pass u i wont recommend this centre

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending