The Student Room Group

Scotland

Due to some circumstance I may have to go to a university in Scotland! I'm hoping that I don't have to, not because I don't like Scotland or anything like that but just because I live in London and I'd be so far from my mum and sister.. I was wondering how Scotland is like? Apart from the weather.. Thanks guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
it's pretty good really. friendly people, alright cities and good connections to down south.

you can get home from glasgow to london euston in like, 5 hours on a single train, so whilst you're far away it's not that prohibitive.

don't expect any anti-english hostility or anything, it's all a bit hyped up and we're not really like that.

also, whilst scotland has a reputation of it pouring all the time, on the whole it's quite nice.

where in scotland are you headed?
Reply 2
Original post by andypee
it's pretty good really. friendly people, alright cities and good connections to down south.

you can get home from glasgow to london euston in like, 5 hours on a single train, so whilst you're far away it's not that prohibitive.

don't expect any anti-english hostility or anything, it's all a bit hyped up and we're not really like that.

also, whilst scotland has a reputation of it pouring all the time, on the whole it's quite nice.

where in scotland are you headed?

Thank you, this has reassured me! The university I'm thinking of going is West Scotland University so I'm guessing West? Haha

In a way if I did have to move there is e excited because it does look beautiful and I do prefer more winter weather than summer so the weather would be fine by me.. It's just I've never been further than 1/2hours away from my family

If anything I guess I'll get used to it! And as long as the people are friendly too, then it's all good! Thank you so much!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending