The Student Room Group

Would you break up online?

There is a site nyce2knowya...google it.
You can go and break up online with your partner on this site for whatever reason.
Question is would you do this and why or why not. I am thinking of doing it.

Scroll to see replies

No.
Reply 2
No, it seems disrespectful and rude. At least have the courage to break up with them in person.
I did, even though it wasn't really a relationship.

I went on holiday and met a Spanish girl, who then became obsessed with me. Literally, as soon as I left she'd message me on Facebook about 40 times an hour without a response from me. In the end I just blocked her. Wasn't very dignified to say the least, but oh well. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
No, I wouldn't. If I want to end a relationship with someone, I'll do it in person. It's called respect.

Btw - new member, one post, plugging a website with only 29 members? I call spammer.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Not sure if it's about respect...maybe some people are more comfortable doing it that way. Not all relationships are serious either.
Reply 6
I would rather someone breaking up with me online than cheating on me.
Reply 7
I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror if I did, the sack of cowardice that would be staring back.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Kittiara
No, I wouldn't. If I want to end a relationship with someone, I'll do it in person. It's called respect.

Btw - new member, one post, plugging a website with only 29 members? I call spammer.

What if you are in an abusive relationship and you do not want to tell that person face to face that it is over?
Reply 9
Original post by Pedd
I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror if I did, the sack of cowardice that would be staring back.

Why are you a coward if you were to do that?
Reply 10
An ex of mine broke up with me by sending me a message on fb informing me to go to her profile and look at her relationship status... then messaged me again to clarify... no reason was given either... although it didn't take a genius to figure out why
Reply 11
Original post by natninja
An ex of mine broke up with me by sending me a message on fb informing me to go to her profile and look at her relationship status... then messaged me again to clarify... no reason was given either... although it didn't take a genius to figure out why

Well how did that make you feel...did you feel cheated in some way because it was not done face to face?
Did it matter at all?
Reply 12
Original post by ebang
Well how did that make you feel...did you feel cheated in some way because it was not done face to face?
Did it matter at all?

Well the relationship had gone bad (really really bad) so I was going to break up next time I saw her so only in the sense that she beat me to it...
I couldn't break with someone online or over text, it's just more respectful to do it face to face.
Reply 14
Nope.
The videos on that site are a bit ridiculous.

It's one thing breaking up with someone online in private by FB/email/etc, but posting videos about it on the Internet for the world to see? That's a step further entirely.
Reply 16
Original post by ebang
What if you are in an abusive relationship and you do not want to tell that person face to face that it is over?

I wouldn't do it on a site like that, that's for sure!

But yeah, it's a difficult scenario. I've had to do it, and made sure I had someone with me at the time.
Reply 17
I broke up with my ex on fb......I regretted it, it was wrong of me to do so
Reply 18
Original post by ebang

Send George Clooney and Anna Kendrick. They will do it for you.
I asked out my first girlfriend via text, and looking back that was a huge mistake. From now on I only have important conversations like that face-to-face. That empowers both parties and makes it more of a debate, instead of just 'ur dumped fggt k'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending