The Student Room Group

What's wrong with being racist?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by hannah60000
It is so sad when a (supposed) black person generalises black people. It's like they forget they are black themselves :eek: :rolleyes:

You need to change your environment and perhaps check your attitude you may approach other black people with hostility (like sadly some black people do especially when crossing other black people's paths). Hence, you receive it. I'm not saying this is a justification!

But an explanation.

**DISCLAIMER**I could not careless about stupid grammar Nazis I alternate typing my comments from my iPod to my computer. As long as my comment is legible and you can understand my points that is what ultimately matters on a forum.**DISCLAIMER**
:h:

The good old "but you're black so you can't dislike other black people!" argument.
I have met hundreds of black people my age, most are like this. I'm only human. After meeting 50 Cent wannabe #54 anyone would start to just avoid black people in general.
Original post by Ashahedow
To be specific, POCs cannot be RACIST as racism includes social/systematic power. They can DISCRIMINATE, however.

Um no, racism is the belief that one race is superior to another based of skin tone/hue/pigmentation. (At it silliest definition).

I know what I am talking about, thanks!

That is why I said black people CAN BE RACIST (if they choose).

However, it usual has no social impact, due to the way the world is structured in the west. We are not in the position to inflict racial prejudice if some black people wished to.

My post still stands as being correct.

**DISCLAIMER**I could not careless about stupid grammar Nazis I alternate typing my comments from my iPod to my computer. As long as my comment is legible and you can understand my points that is what ultimately matters on a forum.**DISCLAIMER**
Reply 82
What is it about white people you don't like?
Reply 83
Um no, racism is the belief that one race is superior to another based of skin tone/hue/pigmentation. (At it silliest definition).

I know what I am talking about, thanks!

That is why I said black people CAN BE RACIST (if they choose).

However, it usual has no social impact, due to the way the world is structured in the west. We are not in the position to inflict racial prejudice if some black people wished to.

My post still stands as being correct.

No.
There is no silly definition, only a correct definition, therefore you are incorrect.
Original post by peter12345
The good old "but you're black so you can't dislike other black people!" argument.
I have met hundreds of black people my age, most are like this. I'm only human. After meeting 50 Cent wannabe #54 anyone would start to just avoid black people in general.

Did I say that? NO!

I dislike some black people due to their behaviour. However, I would never dislike the whole group based of them.
Your post was not about disliking some black people though. :rolleyes:

I'm black if I do not have the sane negative behaviour characteristics as the negative individuals I've met who happen to be black. How then can I generalise ALL black people.

Unlike you I have had the privilege of meeting all kind of personalities black, white, Asian and other.

I'm just sensible enough not make wild generalisations.

I look at behaviour, attitude and characteristic in an individual and then come to a judgement.

I would hate to be judge as a black female (based on this alone), so why would I do it to others who are also black like me :confused: :rolleyes:

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ashahedow
No.
There is no silly definition, only a correct definition, therefore you are incorrect.

You can believe what you wish I am not going to argue.

My post still stands. *sigh*

Reply 86
Did I say that? NO!

I dislike some black people due to their behaviour. However, I would never dislike the whole group based of them.
Your post was not about disliking some black people though. :rolleyes:

I'm black if I do not have the sane negative behaviour characteristics as the negative individuals I've met who happen to be black. How then can I generalise ALL black people.

Unlike you I have had the privilege of meeting all kind of personalities black, white, Asian and other.

I'm just sensible enough not make wild generalisations.

I look at behaviour, attitude and characteristic in an individual and then come to a judgement.

I would hate to be judge as a black female (based on this alone), so why would I do it to others who are also black like me :confused: :rolleyes:

Generalizing is wrong but it's not without merit. If virtually every black person I meet is an ******* for 10 years of my life then statistically the next one is likely to be an ******* as well so I may as well just avoid them.
Reply 87
But not all black people are *******'s are they?
Original post by peter12345
Generalizing is wrong but it's not without merit. If virtually every black person I meet is an ******* for 10 years of my life then statistically the next one is likely to be an ******* as well so I may as well just avoid them.

I understand where you're coming from your experience are your experiences.

What about your family members they cannot all fit your impression, surely?

Either way YOU do not fit that stereotype, I assume.

All I cab say is it is unfortunate, I pray you do comr across some nicer people. As said your experience is not mine.

So, I cannot fully relate, so naturally I disagree strongly with your first post and second one.

Reply 89
I understand where you're coming from your experience are your experiences.

What about your family members they cannot all fit your impression, surely?

Either way YOU do not fit that stereotype, I assume.

All I cab say is it is unfortunate, I pray you do comr across some nicer people. As said your experience is not mine.

So, I cannot fully relate, so naturally I disagree strongly with your first post and second one.

I am like the youngest person in my family. Well I'm not as of recently but the next youngest are just babies. And I have no problem with older black people just the young ones. No I don't fit the stereotype, never worn and Era cap in my life, never "moved to a hot ting" or whatever cringey expressions they use to describe their douchebaggery these days.
Black people cant be racist, look below for proof

[video="youtube;VeK759FF84s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeK759FF84s[/video] I think a few people in this discussion might be interested in this :smile:
bitter bitch.
Reply 93
Original post by trrr
The key question that will decide whether you are indeed a racist or not is why exactly do you only want to be friends with other people of the same colour?

People can choose to associate with others on any basis they want.
Reply 94
Hello, history check not all black people are descendants of slaves, the majority ARE NOT.

And what relation dies this have to the OP hmmmmm?

:rolleyes:

*I strongly dislike any threads on black people positive or negative always gets racy, because of TSR's demographics.

hello.. most UK black people are Caribbean and thus descended from slaves.

and hello.. her intent was to cite that blacks hate whites due to slavery. which IMO is bull, hence callling it out lolololol...
Reply 95
But, it is racist based on the fact the individual is black.Not that I care, but people need to stop lying.There is a fine line in saying "I have not come across a black person I am attracted to" to "I do not find black people attractive".All opinions are of equal value. Nobody has to find anybody else attractive. I don't like white women, so yeah, I hate white people lolololl....
The latter being based on skin tone (arbitrary factor, therefore, racist) the former being based on experience and personal preference.
Er.. that is preference. It can't be anything else.
No different really from saying "I choice not to have friend that are not the same race as me"WHICH the OP is getting flack for, double standard much.:rolleyes:
So? I don't get the issue. We hold a total prerogative to choose who hang about and be around. I personally don't like Muslims and/or Arabs, would not befriend them, and feel uncomfortable in their presence.
Original post by c.a1979
All opinions are of equal value. Nobody has to find anybody else attractive. I don't like white women, so yeah, I hate white people lolololl....Er.. that is preference. It can't be anything else.So? I don't get the issue. We hold a total prerogative to choose who hang about and be around. I personally don't like Muslims and/or Arabs, would not befriend them, and feel uncomfortable in their presence.

Did I say people have find other races to their own attractive, or anyone for that matter? NO
I could not careless, if you do not like white women and did I say not liking or being attracted to a race equals hating them? NO

Preference is a PC way if saying a choice (conscious or subconscious it is still a choice, I have a preference for Kit Kat over Smarties).

I will reiterate I do not care what people's preferences are. And you're entitled to your own mind. Yet, it does not mean when some people state their preferences there is no trace of prejudice or racism attached.

Did I say all opinions were not equal? NO
So that was irrelevant :rolleyes:

Um as I said you can hang with who you want to, it's not my concern. My comment was not even directed at the OP. Most people naturally feel comfortable around those they can relate to.

Exclude who you want to from your social and relationship circles I could not careless. I was addressing the whole preference thing. If someone is not attracted to me due to my race screw them and their preference, however, this does no nullify then from perhaps being racist.

So eeerrrrrr you seem to have misunderstood.

Reply 97
Original post by yaboy
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being racist, just don't express your racism publicly

Err... Yes there is. Making someone feel inferior, making them feel like they don't belong here, making them feel pain just because of your satisfaction.

Racism causes a lot of things, segregation, hate, death even terrorism,

so if you want to fix those problems don't be racist at all and see past through the colour of their skin.
Reply 98
So what is racism if not judging people by the colour of their skin? And nobody said you can't be a racist. Just saying that its not illegal it would be nice if you could admit your racist.
Reply 99
Did I say people have find other races to their own attractive, or anyone for that matter? NO
I could not careless, if you do not like white women and did I say not liking or being attracted to a race equals hating them? NO

Preference is a PC way if saying a choice (conscious or subconscious it is still a choice, I have a preference for Kit Kat over Smarties).

I will reiterate I do not care what people's preferences are. And you're entitled to your own mind. Yet, it does not mean when some people state their preferences there is no trace of prejudice or racism attached.

Did I say all opinions were not equal? NO
So that was irrelevant :rolleyes:

Um as I said you can hang with who you want to, it's not my concern. My comment was not even directed at the OP. Most people naturally feel comfortable around those they can relate to.

Exclude who you want to from your social and relationship circles I could not careless. I was addressing the whole preference thing. If someone is not attracted to me due to my race screw them and their preference, however, this does no nullify then from perhaps being racist.

So eeerrrrrr you seem to have misunderstood.

lol.. you misunderstood. Why do you care if somebody is racist? Look the world isn't always a nice place, eh. lol... If you're so ****ing wise and confident, you'd stand up to "evil" racist people lololo..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending