Travelling 3000 miles to meet girl?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Blind Ferret
Well mate, if she's willing to, then it's worth it. Good luck pal.:smile:

Thanks, much appreciated :smile:
Reply 21
What is this I don't even....

If anything, get HER to fly over. A girl crazy over you would literally do anything [being 100% serious].
Reply 22
Original post by Ultimate1
What is this I don't even....

If anything, get HER to fly over. A girl crazy over you would literally do anything [being 100% serious].

That would still involve me contributing hundreds of pounds, I'd rather do it, travelling alone is a bit better being a 19 year old male than a 17 year old female. Plus, I don't think her parents would let her, this is only something I'm considering too seen as though I don't even know if her parents would be ok with me going over.
Reply 23
cue - It must be love, love love badum
Reply 24
I'd say go for it. Know a guy in Uni (or used to, he graduated this year) who met his girlfriend in the same way, he flew over to America years ago and met her properly. He's seen her 4/5 times over the last 4 years and is moving to America to marry her. It can happen, not often, but it does. You only live once (no, i refuse to say Y O ....)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 25
Everyone knows there is no girls on the internet, it just mean Guy In Real Life (if you never seen this before you don't use use the Internets much)

And if you think its worth it, really you are the only one that can decide if its worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Anonymous
That would still involve me contributing hundreds of pounds, I'd rather do it, travelling alone is a bit better being a 19 year old male than a 17 year old female. Plus, I don't think her parents would let her, this is only something I'm considering too seen as though I don't even know if her parents would be ok with me going over.

Damn son, you shouldn't do that.

Not worth it and too many variables at risk to fly out for one girl. Just get more girls involved in your life and you won't really care about this one.
If she's willing to help with the costs like you said she might, then you have a good shot at this
Reply 28
So I met a girl I like online. I'm 19 and in the UK, she's 17 (maturer than most 17 year olds though) and in America. Been talking to her a LOT for several months. I have feelings for her, she said she loves me. Before meeting her I would've said the idea of me having feelings for someone I've never met is ridiculous but I've been proven wrong with her. It sounds crazy but should I go visit? We've talked about meeting one day but at first it just seemed like a distant fantasy. I've checked flights and stuff, I could do the whole trip for like £600. I have the money, should I take a chance? :/

Your story reminds me of that movie, Eurotrip :O you should watch it if you never saw it before :P
Reply 29
Update: we're engaged. We're going to get married next summer. Call me bat**** crazy idc cuz I'm so freaking happy right now :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 30
so so so so happy
Reply 31
Update: we're engaged. We're going to get married next summer. Call me bat**** crazy idc cuz I'm so freaking happy right now :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

You are bat**** crazy. You are 19 and you just got engaged to a girl you have never met. Apart from all the obvious things like how little you both understand about marriage, how do you think you're going to get visas to make stuff like that happen? She can't just come over here and stroll down to a registry office with you, and I'm pretty sure you can't do that over there either.
Reply 32
Original post by Helenia
You are bat**** crazy. You are 19 and you just got engaged to a girl you have never met. Apart from all the obvious things like how little you both understand about marriage, how do you think you're going to get visas to make stuff like that happen? She can't just come over here and stroll down to a registry office with you, and I'm pretty sure you can't do that over there either.

We will sort it :smile:
Reply 33
Skype video chat with her and make sure and make sure she is legit. If that works out then go ahead and see her. Even if it doesn't work it it could be a fun trip.
Reply 34
Original post by Helenia

You can in some States but generally you are correct.

No reason for you to be suspicious about why I would know that. :rolleyes:
Reply 35
I bet this guy is just trying to get permission to live in USA or something. If not that he is trolling. Just seems a bit much now with this engagement bit. Whatever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smorga30
I bet this guy is just trying to get permission to live in USA or something. If not that he is trolling. Just seems a bit much now with this engagement bit. Whatever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably trolling.
Reply 37
Original post by smorga30

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. I've read stories about couples who have met online and decided to get married before they've met for the first time, no reason why we can't work :smile:
Reply 38
catfish tho?
OP you are too funny right now. Your engaged to a 17 year old who you've never video chatted with before and only seen photos of. I really hope you are trolling somehow coz if you aren't then I feel sorry for you :/

Quick Reply

Latest