The Student Room Group

City University vs Queen Mary - PLEASE HELP

Hello

I am an international student so I don't really know that much about this universities but that's what I picked as a progression after taking the foundation course at each respective university.

I have chosen:

- City University : BSc Economics and Accountancy
OR
- Queen Mary : BSc Economics, Finance and Management

I know they are very different from each other however they are what attracted me the most. I don't have a definite plan on what I want to do after my degree but this are the degrees that suit my interest. I am having a hard time deciding which one to go for.

My question is which university is better in terms of :

- National / International Reputation?
- Better lifestyle?
- Education ?
- Just better overall and why ?

I would truly appreciate any input. As I can't visit them myself I am having a hard time deciding and I hope that your input will help me make a decision.

Thanks a lot!!
Reply 1
City is definitely well known if you want to work in finance - there are alumni in every major financial centre and it's exceptionally well known in Greece because of the shipping courses. It depends really which country you want your degree to have a reputation in and what industry you want to be part of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Limoncello
Hello

I am an international student so I don't really know that much about this universities but that's what I picked as a progression after taking the foundation course at each respective university.

I have chosen:

- City University : BSc Economics and Accountancy
OR
- Queen Mary : BSc Economics, Finance and Management

I know they are very different from each other however they are what attracted me the most. I don't have a definite plan on what I want to do after my degree but this are the degrees that suit my interest. I am having a hard time deciding which one to go for.

My question is which university is better in terms of :

- National / International Reputation?
- Better lifestyle?
- Education ?
- Just better overall and why ?

I would truly appreciate any input. As I can't visit them myself I am having a hard time deciding and I hope that your input will help me make a decision.

Thanks a lot!!

Well I'm probably a little biased as I go to City lol... but in terms of general reputation they're probably about the same, although City has the better reputation when it comes to business/finance/Economics... City is in a better location (in my opinion), there's a lot going on round Angel Islington and the West End is just down the road, Queen Mary does have Westfield kind of near by but that's it really... Can't really say much about the course as I don't know, but courses at City are very good at preparing you for the profession you'll move into... One negative is that student accommodation is pretty expensive in central London, but most people work out something from sharing a house with friends to moving slightly further away and traveling in (I live in one of the most northern parts of London and it takes me 45 minutes to get into uni).... City also has a decent number of international students (so you'll probably find a few people from your country if you're worried about that sort of thing)

Hope this helps!
Reply 3
Thank you guys :smile: !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending