The Student Room Group

Still can't decide which course!

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am currently in sixth form studying PE, Biology, Chemistry and Maths, and I am unsure what course to do. I really enjoy chemistry however from looking at the programme, there is a lot of maths involved and I was going to drop that this year. I am very keen to find a course that suits my personality and has god job prospects. I am a very logic and theoretical learner who is better at memorizing than understanding. I have good organisational skills also. I looked into physiotherapy however I don't have very good social or communication skills. Therefore I looked into biochemistry but I was unsure about the career prospects. I have also looked at accountancy however I haven't chosen business, does that matter, also I want to make use of my science subjects. The problem is I don't like applying science. Could anyone suggest a course for me, depending on my personality; I would say I am an introvert, shy, caring, sensitive, dedicated, always need to finish a job, always on the go. Thank you:smile:[s]
Reply 1
Biochemistry has quite good career prospects if you look at then working in the health care industry, especially if you take a further qualification such as a masters or a PhD. Most lab based science degrees have good prospects if you go on to further study.

Some universities such as Aberdeen don't require business for accountancy- I don't know how many universities this applies to but I think it's quite a few.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending