The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Multimedia Journalism at Bournemouth

Scroll to see replies

HI ACBlundell,

I am Chris a second year student in the faculty of media and communication at Bournemouth Uni

While I can't tell you much about the course I can tell you a bit about BU. It is the only Centre of Excellence in Media Practise in the UK and has a great reputation with the media industry. Past students have gone on to win BAFTAs and work on films such as Avatar and Gravity. The facilities are industry level (the BBC used one of our TV studios for local work the other day) and so all students get that hands on experience with top of the range equipment. All students are also given the opportunity to take a placement year which builds on that experience.

Hope this has helped, let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks

Chris :biggrin:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by Helza123
Hi, I have a place on the multimedia journalism course at BU to start this September but I'm not sure whether it's best to do the course here or at Southampton solent? Thanks

Hi Helza123,

I don't know much about Southampton Solent's course, and I think I'd be a bit biased anyway! I think the best thing would be to visit us both for an Open Day. We've got one more coming up this term on Saturday 21 November - are you free? It would be great to meet you.

In the meantime, is there anything you'd like to know about our course? What in particular do you think is making your decision tough?

Katie
How far did you go to uni ? Im from london, 10 mintues from brunel. ive put brunel down just in case but want to leave london
BU are no longer doing interviews for Multimedia Journalism? Any idea why? Got an offer without one...
Original post by ACBlundell
What was Bournemouth like compared to Brunel, I'm applying to both but I'm not sure.

I live 10 minutes from brunel. its boring
Ive applied to
City (Would rather go to sheffield since i hate living in london)
Sheffield
Bournemouth (Know the least about BU out of my choices, anyone moved from london to BU?)
De montofrt (Looks impressive for journalism)
Brunel (I live 10 minutes away)
Reply 26
Could someone from BU doing the course now tell me how is it? I know that shorthand is a pain in the ass if you aren't on top of it constantly and I've heard that courses revolving around NCTJ are kind of boring and not creative at all. I am more interested in the creative side of it all plus the research. I know that I can't get away without studying law for example, but I would still love a more flexible course that includes being creative and running around a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending