The Student Room Group

Can't figure out what to do after university, please help!

So results are on the 15th, I am predicted AAB in English Lit, Psychology and Fine Art and I'm fairly confident I'll get those grades, then I'm meant to be going to Cardiff uni to study English Lit. To most people I think that would sound great, I am an academic person all be it I actually hate being in education and really don't want to go to uni, especially not to Cardiff, I'm only in the position I'm in due to my parents assuming this is what I want...up until now and still now I am merely interested to know what I get in A levels rather than crapping my pants like most people, for some reason I just don't care what I get and I know that whatever happens I really hope to not end up going to do Lit at Cardiff. I've never gotten on with people my age, I prefer the company of older people by far, and the thought of going out drinking all the time, living in a crap hole and doing English lit (I'm good at it, but don't like it) really seems like my nightmare. I look at people I know (who are older, around 25/6) and have not gone to uni, but work for themselves and have a comfortable life...I'm so jealous of them, I really want to be at that stage in my life. My biggest passion is the gym and nutrition, I love all sides of it, yes, even the bodybuilding side of it despite the fact I'm not overly muscular. I've considered being a personal trainer, but the costs are high and it seems the salary is really low. I know that in 5 years time I would really like to be working for myself, but I haven't a clue how to start up my own business. I'd love to work for a supplement or fitness company, but I just don't even know where to start... please somebody point me in the right direction!! It seems like I have worked so hard for good GCSEs and A levels and all for nothing.... uni does not appeal to me but it seems the only way to get anywhere :frown:

I would love love love to own a gym, but it's like I need money and qualifications for any sort of start up credibility ... back to where I started, seems like uni is my only option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending