The Student Room Group

Mugabe The most vile current reigning dictator?

Poll

Is Mugabe the worst reigning dictator

It is becoming more apparent that Mugabe must be one of the most vile dictator's to still be reigning not only is he government appallingly racist (John Sentamu) has had some excellent things to say about this. He is also deeply homophobic referring to gay people as worse that "cats and dogs". Perhaps Steven Fry should have copied in Mugabe to his letter. So why is Putin demonised and Mugabe not?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/zimbabwe/1425727/Hitler-Mugabe-launches-revenge-terror-attacks.html
This article is those that would seek to defend Mugabe
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'd hope there aren't many DEFENDING Mugabe.
Original post by That Bearded Man
I'd hope there aren't many DEFENDING Mugabe.

Sadly there are some twisted enough to. I have heard some people say Mugabe is not even racist and yet as the telegraph article shows even Mugabe is really admitting he is a racist.
Reply 3
I thought it was Obama
Reply 4
Original post by Rational Thinker
It is becoming more apparent that Mugabe must be one of the most vile dictator's to still be reigning not only is he government appallingly racist (John Sentamu) has had some excellent things to say about this. He is also deeply homophobic referring to gay people as worse that "cats and dogs".

Also, he has a Hitler 'tache.
Reply 5
His response to Obama's recent strong-arming was quite amusing. I assume he wants him to keep his snout out of Zimbabwe.

"Then we have this American president, Obama, born of an African father, who is saying we will not give you aid if you don't embrace homosexuality," Mr Mugabe was quoted as saying by the Zanu-PF supporting Herald newspaper.

"We ask, was he born out of homosexuality? We need continuity in our race, and that comes from the woman, and no to homosexuality. John and John, no; Maria and Maria, no. They are worse than dogs and pigs. I keep pigs and the male pig knows the female one."
I would be interested to note who has voted which one and why?
Reply 7
Original post by thesabbath
His response to Obama's recent strong-arming was quite amusing. I assume he wants him to keep his snout out of Zimbabwe.

"Then we have this American president, Obama, born of an African father, who is saying we will not give you aid if you don't embrace homosexuality," Mr Mugabe was quoted as saying by the Zanu-PF supporting Herald newspaper.

"We ask, was he born out of homosexuality? We need continuity in our race, and that comes from the woman, and no to homosexuality. John and John, no; Maria and Maria, no. They are worse than dogs and pigs. I keep pigs and the male pig knows the female one."

Yeeah, he is pretty vile.
Original post by Skip_Snip
Yeeah, he is pretty vile.[/QUOT

I think it raises the question as to why Stephen Fry sent a letter over Russia's laws in regards to homosexuals and yet little seems to be done about Mugabe. Maybe Putin is seen as a softer target?
[QUOTE="Thinker;43858538" Rational="Rational"]

I think it raises the question as to why Stephen Fry sent a letter over Russia's laws in regards to homosexuals and yet little seems to be done about Mugabe. Maybe Putin is seen as a softer target?

I think it is more to do with Russia being a far bigger and more powerful country than Zimbabwe. There is more surprise that a country like Russia has a deeply homophobic President than a country like Zimbabwe.

It is deeply regrettable that there is anyone with these views in the world never mind these people being in positions of immense power in their countries.
Reply 10
I would be interested to note who has voted which one and why?

I'd say no, he is certainly up there but the Kim Dynasty or someone like Assad would be the most vile reigning dictator for me.
I voted no while the Kims are still around. He's up there!
[QUOTE="Kebab;43858614" King="King"]

I think it is more to do with Russia being a far bigger and more powerful country than Zimbabwe. There is more surprise that a country like Russia has a deeply homophobic President than a country like Zimbabwe.

It is deeply regrettable that there is anyone with these views in the world never mind these people being in positions of immense power in their countries.

I think that if someone is against homosexuality then they should not be silenced or have people try to "purge" them of there views, the problem occurs when this leads to violence as it has done in Zimbabwe.
Original post by Aj12
I'd say no, he is certainly up there but the Kim Dynasty or someone like Assad would be the most vile reigning dictator for me.

I agree with the Kim Dynasty as bad. However in regards to Assad I think only one side of the story is really being told and much of the opposition appears equally obnoxious.
Reply 14
There are lots of middle eastern regimes that have similar positions on race and sexuality so it would be hard to say he is any worse than them.
Reply 15
Barack Obama.
What perplexes me is the fact that foreign aid is going to countries such as Zimbabwe when it can be blatantly seen that it is going to waste and is frittered away through corruption and used to buy arms.
Mugabe has a certain humour-factor the other contenders lack, he just doesn't give a ****, with his Hitler moustache etc.

Original post by Boitzkrieg
I thought it was Obama

No need to be racist
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by sugar-n-spice

No need to be racist

Explain
[QUOTE="Thinker;43858538" Rational="Rational"]

Because The Olympics isn't being hosted in Zimbabwe? It being hosted in Russia offers opportunity for his letter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending