The Student Room Group

Clearing, please help?

Okay so the short version of this story is that I chickened out of applying to uni since I thought my art wasn't good enough and I had and would get rubbish grades in the exams.

Low and behold the results came and I did way better than expected and it was suggested to me by the careers officer that I try clearing.

So i've talked to dundee about their spaces in the Art and Design (foundation and General) Course, to see if they'd accept me on the grades that i have. I applied for something (It was early and I was a tad panicked, so don't know what it was =_= way to go me) and they've got back to me asking for a portfolio.

That's the problem.

I don't have one.

Well I kind of do, it's complicated.

So I have maybe a day to get my stuff together and send it off to Dundee. So I was wondering if maybe someone else has had a similar experience and could help me or even if you know what Dundee are looking for in a portfolio. The things that I have already basically show that I can do a wide variety of things.

If you managed to read that, thanks,

Fudge.
(edited 10 years ago)
I've reported this to get it moved to the arts forum where hopefully there will be some art applicants and current students who will be able to give you some input to help you put together a portfolio in time

Good luck (and congrats on your results!)
Reply 2
Oh! I'm sorry I put this in the wrong place :colondollar: Thank you very much for asking to move it!
Reply 3
Original post by FudgeFingers
Okay so the short version of this story is that I chickened out of applying to uni since I thought my art wasn't good enough and I had and would get rubbish grades in the exams.

Low and behold the results came and I did way better than expected and it was suggested to me by the careers officer that I try clearing.

So i've talked to dundee about their spaces in the Art and Design (foundation and General) Course, to see if they'd accept me on the grades that i have. I applied for something (It was early and I was a tad panicked, so don't know what it was =_= way to go me) and they've got back to me asking for a portfolio.

That's the problem.

I don't have one.

Well I kind of do, it's complicated.

So I have maybe a day to get my stuff together and send it off to Dundee. So I was wondering if maybe someone else has had a similar experience and could help me or even if you know what Dundee are looking for in a portfolio. The things that I have already basically show that I can do a wide variety of things.

If you managed to read that, thanks,

Fudge.

Hello there!

I am a Fashion studnt at the University for the Creative Arts and thought might point out the Access Diploma in Art and Design that they do at UCA
where you don't necessarily need a traditional port-folio just evidence of an interest in art and design and drawing skills might do.

Another option would be the Foundation Diploma but you would need a port-folio for that. You can check them out here: http://www.ucreative.ac.uk/pre-degree

I would reccomend that you email: [email protected] or call: 0800 068 0088 to discuss your options at UCA.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask me anything else.

Good luck!

Dodi

Quick Reply

Latest