The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Freshers week 2013

Hi who's getting to aber on 20th September , me and my two mates who are all going to aber UNI are and wanted to know is the student union open for drinks and is there any party's
Reply 1
Original post by jamesreno
Hi who's getting to aber on 20th September , me and my two mates who are all going to aber UNI are and wanted to know is the student union open for drinks and is there any party's

Hey, I don't know if you are already part of this group, but it's a group on FB for people starting at Aber this year, I am moving on the 20th and I know a lot of other people, through this group, who are too :smile:
It's been good for getting to know folk.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2013Aberapplicants/

In regards to the union being open, I'm no 100%, but I imagine it will be as it is the first day (minus sports week) for people to move in.
And there is a moving in party in the union on the 21st.
Tickets are £5.
https://www.facebook.com/events/513674825354683/?fref=ts
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
I'm moving in on the 21st. That party in the union sounds like such a good idea. I can't wait :biggrin:
Reply 3
It'll always be open, don't worry about that!
Reply 4
Hey! I'm moving in (to Pantycelyn) on the 20th as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Remember to just get drunk and meet as many people as possible. You wont regret it and although it seems daunting you'll be rewarded as you'll make a lot of connections that stick with you throughout university.
Reply 6
Current Aber student here, in all honesty unlike maybe larger unis you won't get the normal celebs for freshers but instead the May Ball, freshers is what you make of it here and for most it is awesome, Aber has the most pubs per sq mile in Europe so plenty of places to drink and two very different clubs, all I'm saying is although it is good do not limit yourself to the union.
Reply 7
All union details can be found here, on the new pages on facebook:

UMaberSU www.facebook.com/UMaberSU
AberSUevents www.facebook.com/abersuevents
UMaberSUbars www.facebook.com/UMaberSUbars

The union and town will be packed during freshers week and events should be advertised shortly! If nothing takes your fancy head to town, all the pubs/bars have deals on and their own drinks (i.e. Harrys has a gaa which is a triple vodka and mixer) :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest