The Student Room Group

Nursing at Edinburgh Napier University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey, iv got into child health nursing at edinburgh Napier but I didn't think I would :L so I haven't looked into accommodation or anything and I'm from Northern Ireland, anyone help me on where to look? Do all the students studying nursing stay in a different place from everyone else?
Reply 21
Original post by Lauren179
Hey, iv got into child health nursing at edinburgh Napier but I didn't think I would :L so I haven't looked into accommodation or anything and I'm from Northern Ireland, anyone help me on where to look? Do all the students studying nursing stay in a different place from everyone else?

Congrats! :biggrin: I'll be staying in iQ accommodation, it's independent of the uni but student accommodation. all your bills are included in the rent. I think there is another type called unite accommodation & you could always get in touch with Napier about staying in Halls, I think I've seen that most nurses get grouped into one campus, not sure of it's name though! x
Reply 22
Original post by hollysarah
Congrats! :biggrin: I'll be staying in iQ accommodation, it's independent of the uni but student accommodation. all your bills are included in the rent. I think there is another type called unite accommodation & you could always get in touch with Napier about staying in Halls, I think I've seen that most nurses get grouped into one campus, not sure of it's name though! x

Okay thank you :smile: yeah I'm gonna have to contact them asap cause iv left it so late lol are you doing child nursing? x
Reply 23
Okay thank you :smile: yeah I'm gonna have to contact them asap cause iv left it so late lol are you doing child nursing? x

It should still be fine because they will probably reserve rooms for late comers. Yeah, I hope so! I've got an interview in a week and if it all goes well I'll be on the course! :smile: x
Reply 24
It should still be fine because they will probably reserve rooms for late comers. Yeah, I hope so! I've got an interview in a week and if it all goes well I'll be on the course! :smile: x

Yeah I hope so, I'm trying to ring now but as expected its hard to get through lol good luck I'm sure it will be fine and sure let me know how it goes :smile: x

I don't think there is specific accommodation for nursing students but I could be wrong! Good luck, hope you manage to get somewhere! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Stevenson94
I don't think there is specific accommodation for nursing students but I could be wrong! Good luck, hope you manage to get somewhere! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks :smile: do all nursing students have to apply for a 50 week tenancy? Just Im applying online for accommodation and Im not sure if that's the normal thing to do lol x
Okay thanks :smile: do all nursing students have to apply for a 50 week tenancy? Just Im applying online for accommodation and Im not sure if that's the normal thing to do lol x

Yeah I'm sure nursing students automatically get given a 50 week tenancy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by Stevenson94
Yeah I'm sure nursing students automatically get given a 50 week tenancy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, Nursing students need a 51 week tenancy if you have applied for Napier's student accommodation the nursing flats are West Bryson Road (mainly nursing students and students over 22) and Morrison Circus (again mainly nursing students and postgraduates!) These are the main flats giving to nursing students as they have 51 week tenancy available the others only have 38 tenancies (which is up to the end of may whereas the 51 week is up until August!)
Reply 29
Original post by kallan13
Hi, Nursing students need a 51 week tenancy if you have applied for Napier's student accommodation the nursing flats are West Bryson Road (mainly nursing students and students over 22) and Morrison Circus (again mainly nursing students and postgraduates!) These are the main flats giving to nursing students as they have 51 week tenancy available the others only have 38 tenancies (which is up to the end of may whereas the 51 week is up until August!)

Do you know the term dates? Do we go from September to Christmas and then January to August?
Reply 30
Do you know the term dates? Do we go from September to Christmas and then January to August?
Sort of like that, we don't get any holidays between September and Christmas that's semester 1 then January I think till either April/May is Semester 2 then from May till August is semester 3 (that's to the best of my knowledge). Here is more of a insight: http://staff.napier.ac.uk/services/sas/systems/Documents/2013.4.pdf We get the first two weeks in December for Assement according to the academic calendar above, then 2 weeks holiday at Christmas 2 weeks for the Easter Hols but during my interview in March George Petrie (Head of Nursing) said we might not get the Easter Hols the same time as other students who aren't doing midwifery/nursing it just depends when they give us the hols. Then summer we get up to 3 weeks I think probably end of July start of August. We will probably get confirmed dates during our induction week. What nursing course are you doing???
Reply 31
Sort of like that, we don't get any holidays between September and Christmas that's semester 1 then January I think till either April/May is Semester 2 then from May till August is semester 3 (that's to the best of my knowledge). Here is more of a insight: http://staff.napier.ac.uk/services/sas/systems/Documents/2013.4.pdf We get the first two weeks in December for Assement according to the academic calendar above, then 2 weeks holiday at Christmas 2 weeks for the Easter Hols but during my interview in March George Petrie (Head of Nursing) said we might not get the Easter Hols the same time as other students who aren't doing midwifery/nursing it just depends when they give us the hols. Then summer we get up to 3 weeks I think probably end of July start of August. We will probably get confirmed dates during our induction week. What nursing course are you doing???

Thank you! That helps so much :smile: and I'm doing child health x
Reply 32
Thank you! That helps so much :smile: and I'm doing child health x
Glad I could help. :smile: Are you staying in halls?? I was put on the waiting list since I have a EH postcode (even though I live in dunbar and it is a 70 mile round trip from here! :frown:) so hopefully I will hear tomorrow if I am getting halls...:tongue:
Reply 33
Glad I could help. :smile: Are you staying in halls?? I was put on the waiting list since I have a EH postcode (even though I live in dunbar and it is a 70 mile round trip from here! :frown:) so hopefully I will hear tomorrow if I am getting halls...:tongue:

Iv applied for accommodation but still waiting to hear, but seeing as im from Northern Ireland they should give me somewhere, wow 70 Miles :frown: let's hope we both hear tomorrow :smile: x
Reply 34
I should know this week whether I got a place! however.. George signed one of his emails "you were successful today, well done" and a lady who checked my birth certificate told me I'd find out fairly soon but she expects to see me in September :biggrin: I won't believe it until I get something official! :P x
Reply 35
I should know this week whether I got a place! however.. George signed one of his emails "you were successful today, well done" and a lady who checked my birth certificate told me I'd find out fairly soon but she expects to see me in September :biggrin: I won't believe it until I get something official! :P x
Awww well done you! I am glad your interview went well! What picture did you get for the group interview (coz I am nosy lol) When I got my conditional offer through from napier I couldn't quite believe it until Ucas had updated it...it was a bit surreal and I couldn't quite believe it :biggrin: xx
Reply 36
Awww well done you! I am glad your interview went well! What picture did you get for the group interview (coz I am nosy lol) When I got my conditional offer through from napier I couldn't quite believe it until Ucas had updated it...it was a bit surreal and I couldn't quite believe it :biggrin: xx

Thanks :biggrin: I got a young boy who was getting an injection, I said about how the nurse was holding his arm gently & he was being protected against potentially deadly diseases etc. I felt like I got such a good one compared to some of the ones the others got! What did you get?
I'm literally sitting watching my inbox like a hawk clicking 'refresh' every other minute! :tongue: x

P.S. Did you hear anything more about Halls? I can't believe that people with an EH postcode are excluded, seventy miles is ridiculous!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 37
Thanks :biggrin: I got a young boy who was getting an injection, I said about how the nurse was holding his arm gently & he was being protected against potentially deadly diseases etc. I felt like I got such a good one compared to some of the ones the others got! What did you get?
I'm literally sitting watching my inbox like a hawk clicking 'refresh' every other minute! :tongue: x

P.S. Did you hear anything more about Halls? I can't believe that people with an EH postcode are excluded, seventy miles is ridiculous!
Oh that sounds like a good picture I got the pic with the little girl in a bed and has a flannel put on her forehead. When I had my interview we were told up to two weeks to find out and I was told exactly two weeks since my interview....that day I was so stressed it was unreal me and my mum went up to Edinburgh to try and take my mind of it and went to the waterstones on Princes Street and I went downstairs and decided to check my email on my ipod and I nearly fainted with excitement that I had a conditional offer eeeeep XD but yea I was checking my email like every chance I got :smile: And regarding Halls- Yea I heard on Friday ugh it's so annoying because was basically told by email that "all the places for halls are full" (total lies lol) but I will be still on the waiting list up to the 1st October as there might be cancellations. My dad wrote a reply trying to explain that I am a nursing student from Dunbar and basically I need halls as it is a 70 mile journey but the guy hasn't replied yet. It's total ridiculous...xx
Reply 38
Oh that sounds like a good picture I got the pic with the little girl in a bed and has a flannel put on her forehead. When I had my interview we were told up to two weeks to find out and I was told exactly two weeks since my interview....that day I was so stressed it was unreal me and my mum went up to Edinburgh to try and take my mind of it and went to the waterstones on Princes Street and I went downstairs and decided to check my email on my ipod and I nearly fainted with excitement that I had a conditional offer eeeeep XD but yea I was checking my email like every chance I got :smile: And regarding Halls- Yea I heard on Friday ugh it's so annoying because was basically told by email that "all the places for halls are full" (total lies lol) but I will be still on the waiting list up to the 1st October as there might be cancellations. My dad wrote a reply trying to explain that I am a nursing student from Dunbar and basically I need halls as it is a 70 mile journey but the guy hasn't replied yet. It's total ridiculous...xx

Trust them to actually tell you on the very last day! :lol: I haven't really been given much of a timescale just been told "fairly soon" and "perhaps by mid week next week" meaning it could be any day now! Oh man, waiting lists are an absolute joke! Have you considered accommodation outwith halls? I'm staying at iQ Accommodation with my boyfriend and it seems really good as bills are all inclusive, we have a studio but I don't think we could have afforded it if we were paying singularly, saying that they have shared flats available for less :smile: xx
Hi all.

I'm look for advice relating to applying for Nursing at Napier. I'm now classed as a mature student as I'm 23. I've been out of education for a few years now and have just enrolled myself to sit 5 higher exams in May through my local high school. This means I need to do all the studying myself (help) I've so far selected to do English, Maths, Biology and Modern Studies. I'm looking for advice on a 5th subject? I've got valuable experience working in care so i was thinking either a language or chemistry? Any advice or tips on what revision/textbooks are used to study highers would be very appreciated.

Thanks a bunch in advance xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending