The Student Room Group

RAF PRTC 1st October - Training 11th December

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by blackout17
Nice one, am on coach B, you on the train down to London Euston?

My train to Wendover leaves Marylebone at 14:42, half an hour after you! God I'm going to get lost!haha
Reply 41
One more for RAFP. It's been a REALLY long time since I've done anything like the functional skills tests. (Old)
Reply 42
Original post by Nickmc1
One more for RAFP. It's been a REALLY long time since I've done anything like the functional skills tests. (Old)

Hmm I think we're all in the same boat then, oh dear haha I'm sure we'll be fine
Reply 43
Original post by Amanda-cope
Hi all,

im just curious to see if anybody has the same dates as me for RAF recruitment and training.

I am attending my PRTC on 1st of October and have a start date for basic training as the 11th of December 2013.

Let me know if you have the same, be good to know somebody. I know you meet people at PRTC but why not meet them now :smile:

Thanks

Hi Amanda
I'm also going to be at the PRTC on the 1st October and going for RAF Police! Are you ready for it?
Lauren
Hey Lauren,

I am definitely ready...except for the nerves settling in a bit. Where are you travelling from?

Are you nervous at all?

Amanda :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Yeah I am feeling the same here! I am travelling from Guildford, then have to get to Waterloo and change like quite a few other people I think!
I think I am just more apprehensive, looking forward to meeting lots of new people though! :biggrin:
Are you travelling by train?
Hey Lauren,

I'm from camberley so not far from you at all.

I'm driving up as it's only an hour away.

I can't wait to just get there now, this week is dragging at work :/

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Hey Amanda,
I was considering driving, but thought train may end up being less hassle! :wink:
Yes likewise, just have to pack up everything now too! Have you been to Halton before?
Hey,

I hope it won't be too much hassle, only need my docs and have to report to main guardroom to get a temp vehicle pass!
I haven't been there before no, have you?
It's finally Thursday:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by laurentidy
Hi Amanda
I'm also going to be at the PRTC on the 1st October and going for RAF Police! Are you ready for it?
Lauren

Hello Lauren. I am also on the RAF Police, looking forward to meeting you! Hope your prepared well!
Reply 50
Original post by Ryan_THFC
My train to Wendover leaves Marylebone at 14:42, half an hour after you! God I'm going to get lost!haha

I thought we would of been on the same train? Odd! ye I get to London Marylebone at 14:12.
Reply 51
Amanda - Oh that's not too bad then, not long to go now! :smile:
Blackout - oh that's great to hear, so looking forward to meeting everyone. Yes you too! I think going to do maths and english skills tests will be the big shocker considering not done it for a while! hah :biggrin:
Hey Lauren! Well the working week is over for me now, just Monday to go and Tuesday will be the day :smile:
Have a good weekend and will see you Tuesday!!!!
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Not long now everyone! Nerves starting to kick in a little bit!

Is it just me or do the RAF pre study functional skills pages seem harder than any other level 2 practice test I've done from the likes of edexcel, OCR etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The study pages are harder than the exams. If you drive to halton for PRTC although it's best to ask in the guardroom they don't usually check documents or give you passes as you will be entering via a gate further up which they will direct you to where you will be met by a member of your flight staff who will sign you off and explain where to park.

Girls you will all be in the same room on the bottom floor so will definitely meet.

I will be hating you all on Wednesday for filling up the mess! Don't worry about PRTC. Just follow instructions, ask questions and pass that fitness test. The key thing is to follow what your Flight Staff say to the letter.

If anyone has any last minute questions I might be able to answer tomorrow night.
Reply 55
hi all am looking forward to the challenge of the PRTC tomorrow! just wondering the shuttles back an forth to raf halton from tring and wendover will there be sign for them at the station or will i just ask at the desk for them? sorry if stupid question also is a small suitcase okay or is it too big? thanks :smile: see you all tomorrow!
Reply 56
Original post by ChrisLincoln
The study pages are harder than the exams. If you drive to halton for PRTC although it's best to ask in the guardroom they don't usually check documents or give you passes as you will be entering via a gate further up which they will direct you to where you will be met by a member of your flight staff who will sign you off and explain where to park.

Girls you will all be in the same room on the bottom floor so will definitely meet.

I will be hating you all on Wednesday for filling up the mess! Don't worry about PRTC. Just follow instructions, ask questions and pass that fitness test. The key thing is to follow what your Flight Staff say to the letter.

If anyone has any last minute questions I might be able to answer tomorrow night.

Hi Chris
I was just wondering if you had any advice on what extra things you think would be useful to take in case we need it?! Also what shoes would be best for when we are in our coveralls all day?
Many thanks
Lauren
Don't really need anything beyond the kit list. It's best to wear your running shoes with your coveralls or "denim order". It's nothing to worry about, just make sure you pass fitness. Even if you fail functional skills you will get a second try at it.

I'm not sure about train shuttles as I arrived by car. Just make sure you have the phone numbers on the JI's saved!

Few general rules:
- No hands in pockets or on hips
- Don't slouch or lean on things
- When a member of the RAF is speaking, be quiet.
- Feel free to talk to the other recruits in the mess, they were you a few months/weeks earlier.

Don't worry about PRTC the Flight staff are very helpful and willing to answer your questions.

Good luck with your fitness test.
Reply 58
Thanks Chris. Good advice. Best of luck everyone, hopefully see you all later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
See you later all! May see some of your at Marylebone waiting for the train or the shuttles.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest