The Student Room Group

RAF PRTC 1st October - Training 11th December

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Drewski
It's not true.

But what is true is that being reflighted isn't a huge deal and if it does happen to you, you shouldn't overly worry about it. You'll be informed why and will be given every opportunity to prove yourself. The most common reason for it to happen is usually injury, which can happen to anyone.

Ok I did mean to say nearly everybody, my mistake. :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by arrolb4
Ok I did mean to say nearly everybody, my mistake. :smile:

That's still wrong.
Reply 82
Original post by Drewski
That's still wrong.

Ok, but I have been told this a number of times by different people. On a completely different note, are you in the RAF/have you gone through the application process??
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by arrolb4
Ok, but I have been told this a number of times by different people. On a completely different note, are you in the RAF/have you gone through the application process??

People do get reflighted. That is true.
Everyone? No. Almost everyone? No.

I'm not saying nobody does, but I'm also not saying the majority do - if they did, that would tend to indicate that there's something wrong with the training/selection process. And that's not true.

I was in and therefore did go through the selection process and still know many who are in.
Reply 84
Original post by Drewski
People do get reflighted. That is true.
Everyone? No. Almost everyone? No.

I'm not saying nobody does, but I'm also not saying the majority do - if they did, that would tend to indicate that there's something wrong with the training/selection process. And that's not true.

I was in and therefore did go through the selection process and still know many who are in.

OK, a lot of people have talked about a P2 Presentation could you tell me what this is??
Reply 85
Original post by arrolb4
OK, a lot of people have talked about a P2 Presentation could you tell me what this is??

I could, or you could use some initiative to work it out for yourself
Reply 86
Yeah I am looking forward to it... been a bit of a panic as have had the flu for a week, but think I have recovered just in time :smile: feels like its taken for ever to get to this stage. Hope I pass!!! Are you confident adrienne
At least your better now😊 and sort of, I know I can do all the fitness they ask for and more, but nervous for the functional skills...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
You will be fine and if you were to fail you would be brought in early. . Nothing to worry about adrienne
I know that's what was gonna happen last time. I'm nervous about the tubes aswell... Can't remember my way lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
There's nothing wrong with going in early as they will make you pass the functional skills :smile: just have to absorb what they say... how long will it be until final interview if we pass? Tubes will be ok I imagine just ask people :smile:.. im all packed now lol and revised my maths
I think it'll be 3-4 weeks later the interview, and yeah i have revised my maths too 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Original post by fishlock11
Yeah I am looking forward to it... been a bit of a panic as have had the flu for a week, but think I have recovered just in time :smile: feels like its taken for ever to get to this stage. Hope I pass!!! Are you confident adrienne

Hi, there is an app called Tube Map which could be helpful, if needed :-)
Reply 93
Hi Amanda!

Looks like I'm a late comer but I'm joining on the 11th of December as well, I did my PRTC later than everyone else for some reason! Did you pass everything? Are you still joining on the 11th?

Just thought it would be nice to kind of know people before the 11th as I missed out on meeting you all on PRTC!!

Rachael :smile:
Original post by Rachael-C
Hi Amanda!

Looks like I'm a late comer but I'm joining on the 11th of December as well, I did my PRTC later than everyone else for some reason! Did you pass everything? Are you still joining on the 11th?

Just thought it would be nice to kind of know people before the 11th as I missed out on meeting you all on PRTC!!

Hi Rachael,
I don't come on here much now but nice ti meet you! Had my final interview yesterday and passed so all good!

See you at Halton :smile:

x
Reply 95
Hope everyone is almost organised! This kit list is an expensive doo! See you all on the 10th/11th December!
Reply 96
Guys whats the final interview like?
Reply 97
Same as the selection interview, except not much about family or background.

Mainly a factual exercise about the RAF to make sure you know the score of what your going into.

Revise and its simple.
Reply 98
Did you revise like the motto of the raf, air power, bases, trade training and aircraft? And obviously basic?
Reply 99
Yeah. Revise everything.

Quick Reply

Latest