The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Physics 2013 - 2014: Discussion and Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by nECS
You got the goods? :cool:
No bother if you couldn't get it or anything though, this would just be an added bonus :biggrin:

Hi, sorry for the late reply, haven't been on this recently. Nah unfortunately I didn't go into school on Tuesday to get my mark back as it is quite an effort to get there and i couldn't get a lift, cba with the buses. Anyway I am going in sharp to look at my mistakes tomorrow before the exam, however my friend went in and got my mark back and it was high 90's, meaning if I can get that you can too meaning you haven't missed much learning. However there was something I couldn't get and might be worth pointing out to you, there's a question about Soap Films and it's when destructive interference occurs at the top of the bubble before it is about to burst. This is due to the thickness being so small that the OPD is approximately zero, plus the waves meet out of phase etc etc. Anyway, think that was one of the only things I messed up at, sorry for my laziness I guess lol
Reply 81
Original post by Pliskin
Hi, sorry for the late reply, haven't been on this recently. Nah unfortunately I didn't go into school on Tuesday to get my mark back as it is quite an effort to get there and i couldn't get a lift, cba with the buses. Anyway I am going in sharp to look at my mistakes tomorrow before the exam, however my friend went in and got my mark back and it was high 90's, meaning if I can get that you can too meaning you haven't missed much learning. However there was something I couldn't get and might be worth pointing out to you, there's a question about Soap Films and it's when destructive interference occurs at the top of the bubble before it is about to burst. This is due to the thickness being so small that the OPD is approximately zero, plus the waves meet out of phase etc etc. Anyway, think that was one of the only things I messed up at, sorry for my laziness I guess lol

Nae bother, I'm going in early as well. Cheers for the tip and good luck :smile:
Good luck everyone doing physics today!
:cool:
Reply 84
That was so solid, going to gym so I won't be able to discuss for a while

Posted from TSR Mobile
Right guys, if someone would upload the paper it'll get marked.
Reply 86
Original post by I am Ace

I can upload it when I get home, that won't be till like 6ish though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nECS
I can upload it when I get home, that won't be till like 6ish though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, quote me then
Reply 88
I can upload in about 5 mins :smile:
Reply 89
How did everyone get on then? Thought the paper was fair. There were a few abstract things in it that tbh weren't really physics things but apart from that it was mostly what I'd expected.

Granted, it was definitely more challenging that last year's paper.
Quote me
Original post by CameronS
I can upload in about 5 mins :smile:

Please do!
Take your time a good quality upload image etc.
I know I've lost 4 marks definite.. due to silly wording. Will have to have a look at the calculations to know overall
Reply 93
Original post by I am Ace

Original post by tomctutor
Please do!
Take your time a good quality upload image etc.

Just realised you can't upload a pdf. Will upload it as images :smile:
Original post by CameronS
Just realised you can't upload a pdf. Will upload it as images :smile:

You can upload a pdf if its less than 950KB rediculously low limit TSR?
just pretend its an image and it'll go up.
Reply 95
That was a tough paper, on par with 2012 I say. Eagerly waiting the solutions to count my marks, definitively a few marks in there that were very tricky. Questions 1 -5 were very good, middle section is where things got tricky, questions 6-9, then last questions were very good.

thankyou for paper good scans -- straight onto it.

Here's this years AHPhysics 2014 (NQ) paper pdf: AHP2014_NQ_paper.pdf

Here's the worked solutions with Mis:AHP2014_workedsoln.pdf

The files are now locked:pepsi:

Quote this link as: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=47733229&postcount=99
(edited 9 years ago)
Overall a very fair paper to be honest

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending