The Student Room Group

The German Football Thread

Welcome to the german football thread, talk about everything related to german football here.

Who's watching the bayern munich match? The level of control bayern have is pretty frightening! Kroos/schweinsteigger seem like a great partnership and robben has been running rings round the mongdengladbach defence.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bayern not as organsied as they were last year.

Ter Stegen>Neuer
Ter Stegen is so good. :coma:
Some unbelievable goal keeping and football in this game.

I'm gonna put some money on Dortmund to win the title this year... 5/1 isn't nearly good enough odds but I just have a feeling. They're strong all over. Bayern's strength in depth is unbelievable and Ribery is making a run for Ballon D'Or on this form, but I just have a feeling about Mkhitaryan, Reus and Lewandowski going crazy.
Hannover 96 fan here, playing Wolfsburg tomorrow.
Javi Martinez dropped to the bench. Good move imo, Schweinsteiger/Kroos are good enough at defending for 90% of teams that Bayern will face this season.
Reply 6
Original post by arnoob
Hannover 96 fan here, playing Wolfsburg tomorrow.

1860 fan here :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Zürich
Bayern not as organsied as they were last year.

Ter Stegen>Neuer

First game of the season tbf. Seems like they're using Schweinsteigger as a DLP and kroos as a BBM now, think when martinez or gustavo are there they're pretty in control. I don't get why they're getting rid of gustavo tbh.

Neuer doesn't really have much to do most games, I still think neuers better.
Reply 8
Rofl at the penalty decisions.
Reply 9
So despite having the biggest and best cohorts of central midfielders in the history of world football, Pep has decided he'll turn Lahm into another central mid. Hmmmmm. Wonder how Javier Martinez is feeling right now.

Just as I say this, Martinez comes on.
(edited 10 years ago)
Martinez got used as a striker by Del Bosque... reinvention?
Reply 11
Original post by 419
So despite having the biggest and best cohorts of central midfielders in the history of world football, Pep has decided he'll turn Lahm into another central mid. Hmmmmm. Wonder how Javier Martinez is feeling right now.

Just as I say this, Martinez comes on.

He learnt from fergie with john o shea and rafael :colonhash:
Yeah it's weird why he uses him as a CM.
Anyone noticed how lahm cuts in and underlaps quite a bit?
Reply 12
Original post by jam277
Welcome to the german football thread, talk about everything related to german football here.

Who's watching the bayern munich match? The level of control bayern have is pretty frightening! Kroos/schweinsteigger seem like a great partnership and robben has been running rings round the mongdengladbach defence.

Good of you to make this thread. I will be keeping my eye of B.Munchen a lot this season since I'm a fan of Pep.

I didn't have the time to watch the game yesterday but it's nice to hear that Munchen played well under Pep.

I remember saying that I didn't want Pep to change too much at Bayern but after seeing the pre-season game against Barca, I don't think he'll do too bad if he stamps his mark on the team. I liked the way he got Bayern to employ high pressure tactics. I liked the fluidity and free-form style of the team.

I assume Bayern played similarly yesterday?

However, the Lahm thing is quite bizarre. Lahm is an intelligent player, so of course, he can play the CM role, like he did in the game against Barca in pre-season. But I feel he's better off at RB, especially when Bayern already have trademark CMs/DMs available in Martinez, Gustavo etc. What's the big idea in using Lahm as a CM over the likes of Martinez? I hope it's not a long term thing. Because the likes of Martinez should be getting some good game-time in midfield.

But if it does win Bayern lots of trophies, then I guess no-one would really care about the Lahm/CM thing in the end.
(edited 10 years ago)
What a cross from Schmelzer. Was fur ein spieler...
Basically, Grosskeutz at right back for half the season could cost Dortmund the title. They need to get buy a right back.
Aubameyang again, what a buy he was!

BVB poor today though, Reus not performing.
Original post by Malevolent
Ter Stegen is so good. :coma:

He is, but I will never forget this :giggle:

[video="youtube;Du6e0qUIGFc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du6e0qUIGFc[/video]
Reply 17
Original post by Cable
Good of you to make this thread. I will be keeping my eye of B.Munchen a lot this season since I'm a fan of Pep.

I didn't have the time to watch the game yesterday but it's nice to hear that Munchen played well under Pep.

I remember saying that I didn't want Pep to change too much at Bayern but after seeing the pre-season game against Barca, I don't think he'll do too bad if he stamps his mark on the team. I liked the way he got Bayern to employ high pressure tactics. I liked the fluidity and free-form style of the team.

I assume Bayern played similarly yesterday?

However, the Lahm thing is quite bizarre. Lahm is an intelligent player, so of course, he can play the CM role, like he did in the game against Barca in pre-season. But I feel he's better off at RB, especially when Bayern already have trademark CMs/DMs available in Martinez, Gustavo etc. What's the big idea in using Lahm as a CM over the likes of Martinez? I hope it's not a long term thing. Because the likes of Martinez should be getting some good game-time in midfield.

But if it does win Bayern lots of trophies, then I guess no-one would really care about the Lahm/CM thing in the end.

Yeah I think he'll do well to stamp his mark on the team. Seemed like at the start they played siimilar to how they did under heynckes, but when they were 2-0 up they started playing high pressure possession football. I was watching the PSG match on another stream so didn't see what happened after being 3-1 up but I saw lahm in CM and he looked alright there.

One thing I don't get is that alaba likes the CM role, if there was anyone I want to see there it would be him, not lahm but I'm not the manager :dontknow: I think he's trying to avoid having a straight up DM tbh. I reckon martinez will be there for CL matches in DM though but he's trying out schweinsteigger as a DLP(alonso type) so he can fit all his midfielders into the system. Also wondering whats happening with gotze. I see robben cementing that spot after his performance yesterday and the second half of last season and ribery's obviously got the other spot.

I can see where he'd fit thiago, but I don't see where gotze will fit personally(rotating with muller maybe or false 9?). Shaqiri will probably be the needs must player like tymoschuk/DVB/contento are now.

Either way, bayern seem interesting this season. Dortmund will struggle, not enough depth still, although more than previous seasons but there are still positions(The whole defence) that aren't adequately covered atm despite the first team being near bayerns level in that position. I think they'll struggle to get above 75 points, and I see bayern easily getting 80+ points this season.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Straight up G
Basically, Grosskeutz at right back for half the season could cost Dortmund the title. They need to get buy a right back.

What happened to Pisczcek?
Reply 19
Lever absolutely bossed Freiburg- Min scored a tap in on his debut. Kiesling impressive as always. Leno with a decent penalty save as well.

Quick Reply

Latest