The Student Room Group

The German Football Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Déscartés
Like I said, not there to take over from Neuer but it's not as if he would never play and he could learn a lot from training with someone like Neuer.

I didn't think you meant take over hence why I said he wouldn't gain experience.

And I disagree. He is old enough, the benefit from training with Neuer compared to experience from international games is insignificant.
Original post by Mackay
Just watched MOTD3 on the BBC Sport website. Jason Roberts genuinely believed and entertained the idea that Klopp could become Newcastle manager. Good lord. Why do they pay these people?

Don't blame Roberts here, not his fault that he speaks 100mph without taking a breath so hence rattles off any old tripe. Feel for the viewers who had to endure him on Saturday and Sunday.
The big question ahead of tonight is whether Bayern will concede. If they do, they're out. As simple as that imo.
Good to see Alonso put that run of dismal CL form behind him tonight. He was sloppy and gave the ball away against Man City and the first leg at Porto, either side of the red card against Donetsk.
Original post by Mackay
The big question ahead of tonight is whether
Bayern will concede. If they do, they're out. As simple as that imo.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

:P

This is too funny now :biggrin:
(Halb)finale ohooooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by octoberrain
(Halb)finale ohooooo

I guess Bayern is dreaming of Berlin by now. Not only in terms of the Champions league, but also in terms of the DFB-Pokal. Two titles in the same city and in the same year, that would be an interesting case for Bayern's history books.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich

Ter Stegen>Neuer

This is glorius tbh.
Dante will be pleased to get three minutes under his belt with a clean sheet.
The penalties of Lahm and Alonso are slapsticks for the eternity in football history! not only because it looks so funny, but also the failures were identical at 100% to each other! :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Kallisto
The penalties of Lahm and Alonso are slapsticks for the eternity in football history! not only because it looks so funny, but also the failures were identical at 100% to each other! :biggrin::biggrin:

If you had bet on:

1. 1:1

2. Penalties

3. Bayern to miss first two penalties

4. Slip causing the miss

I think you would have ruined the betting place you placed that bet at.
Original post by SarcasticMel
(...)
I think you would have ruined the betting place you placed that bet at.

Is there such a bet anyway? but be honest, who in the hell would place such a bet? people are no prophets and they must be ones to bet on that.
Original post by Kallisto
Is there such a bet anyway? but be honest, who in the hell would place such a bet? people are no prophets and they must be ones to bet on that.

Just sayin'

I also doubt anyone betted that. But maybe 1:1 and penalties quite a few people will have. Maybe even Dortmund to win on penalties after 1:1.

The slipping part is just too crazy :biggrin:
Original post by SarcasticMel
(...)
The slipping part is just too crazy :biggrin:

All the more, if we consider that it happened twice in a row. I have the feeling that the football god was on Dortmund's side yesterday. We should thanked him.
The slip is most worrying for Xabi imo. He's refound his form after a dip earlier in the season - which was mainly exposed in the CL. I hope this doesn't see a regression in his game. He struggled against City in the CL, and was dispossessed easily for their goal, before he was sent-off against Shakhtar.

Wolfsburg with a heavy victory tonight. Shame that the Europa League hasn't happened for them with their squad quality.
That vine of Klopp celebrating as Guardiola despairs just makes me love the former a whole lot more.
Neuer; Lahm, Martinez, Dante; Rafinha, Strieder, Gaudino, Schweinsteiger, Weiser; Gotze, Pizarro.

what do you call that
Çalhanoğlu couldn't look more Turkish.
Two unbelievable goals in the Wolfsburg game, by Perisic and Sane for Hannover.

Quick Reply

Latest