The Student Room Group

Unit four geog :s

Hey all! :lollypop:

How did everyone think the unit 4 exam went today?? I presume all boards do the same day??!!

I did edexcel A... and did the air masses question and the glacier movement-ness questions.

I think it went ok, my teachers said it was a really nice paper, i thought it was alright but not amazingly friendly... past papers looked easier to me. But hey.

What y'all think??

:sheep:
x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I agree with you- past papers have seemed nicer. I did the depression question and KNOW I've properly messed it up- TOTAL case of over-revision and utterly confused over SUCH a simple question.....FFS....REALLY CROSS :mad: with myself...:frown: . However, the second one was better- I did the 'vegetation is the most important factor in affecting soil profiles' even though had never been taught that directly made up some stuff about acidic heather on podzol and then said climate and parent material also important in that case and said about leaching, podsolisation, cheluviation, lessivage and surface-water gleying as veg., climate and par. mat. are important. Then said about how veg. not affect chernozems in prairies, and that precipitation determined veg. e.g. 250mm pa= short grasses, 750mm pa= tall grasses. :confused: :confused:

I take it you have Human on Friday??
Reply 2
WHOA!! :eek: lol

You sure know your stuff about soils! jeeze... and i thought i had revised well.

Shame about the depressions question eh? No point worrying about it now, though, tis all over n done with :smile:

Yup i will be taking my human geog, come friday morning. Hopefully won't be as hot as yesterday afternoon, we were all dieing in our badly ventilated school hall!!

*early start* for me to learn some human geography. Think i'll just do the first two topics, not enough time to learn the whole lot :redface:

x
Reply 3
I did edexcel A and did Glaciation (the one about it being a system) and tourism (the one about enclave/resort development and international tourism)

They could have gone better but they also could have been a lot worse. I took this paper in jan too and the questions i thought were evil, ended up getting a C and i thhink ive done a bit better this time round *prays*
Reply 4
You jusst have human on friday? Not any physical?
Reply 5
yep, i just had physical yesterday, then the human-ness friday :biggrin:

Can't seem to kick start this revision... keep finding other things to do :frown:

oh... and then the joy of synoptic on monday :rolleyes:

x
Reply 6
Ooh, we had human/physical yesterday and then i have synoptic on friday fun funnnnn
Reply 7
Beth you lie...you do OCR A like me...not Edexcel:p:
Reply 8
OCR!!! yehhhh i always forget!!! Its cause my other subjects are edexcel!

My bad!
Reply 9
I need to chat to you about the old synoptic as well dear...get on msn!
Reply 10
Good luck with ur exams guys, i'm on AQA for geog and had both my papers on tuesday, so its all done and dusted for me. :smile:. But still got AEA geog to do.
Reply 11
AEA??? Whats that?? :redface: sorry if thats a really stupid question :biggrin:

x
Reply 12
Its the Advanced Extension Award. I think its worth 20 UCAS points or something similar, just an added paper I think. I'm not doing it though, sounds tough!
Reply 13
AEA is the Advance Extended Award (I think) it's three hours long and I'm doing it in case I don't get my grades so that I can try and bribe King's!!!! It's on the 27th.

Yeah- Human tomorrow- bl**dy hell:frown: I'm having issues because I had two timed Human tests a week before I broke up for study leave and got As in every one for Human without any revision (becuase I didn't have time and as too busy revising for my tests in everything else!) but that was because I have a STUPID teacher who can't mark but in my head that's not registering.....that I NEED to revise, as I over-revised Physical, I'm going to read through my notes once and then read my textbook once (altogether) and hope for the best....The thing I hate is just before the exam. when everyone else is screaming and I'm just like SHUT UP!!!! and I want to get on with it...Updates tomorrow.....:confused: :eek:
Reply 14
beth...
Its the Advanced Extension Award. I think its worth 20 UCAS points or something similar, just an added paper I think. I'm not doing it though, sounds tough!

REALLY???? I wasn't told that! I just hoped I'd get a pass for bribery!!!! My teacher sais it's REALLY hard to get anything over a pass and someone who was blinding at Geog. and went to Oxford last year only JUST passed....no one has ever got a merit or distinction in it... I REALLY HOPE it IS worth points because that could really help....:biggrin:
Reply 15
http://www.qca.org.uk/613.html

I just read on there i think its 40 UCAS points for a distinction and 20 for a merit.
Reply 16
Well the exam. today went better than I thought- I did the question about locational requirements in manufacturing industry and talked about Ebbw Vale to Port Talbot (transport most important- Weber), Denver- (environment most important) and Nike in Indonesia- (cheap land and labour). And then the other one which was examine how cities impact rural areas negatively- so I did MEDC: Manchester/Sheffield on Lake District, LEDC: Rio do Janeiro- Rochina and Barra, and NIC: Indonesia- Java....
Reply 17

hmmm, yeah, i thought it went well - until i read ur reply lol! :rolleyes:

I did the one on global economies developing in recent yrs where i basically went thru from the 70s when the economic conditions lead to NICs... and on to the present n speculating about the future.

Then the second one i did was the urban/rural interrelations - same as you. But i didn't work the case studies like you did :frown: I explained a range of negative n then possitive effects n stuff.

I swear i'm still stuck in GCSE mode. *sigh*

Never mind. Just monday's synoptic to go eh?

x
Reply 18
Geography is now finished for me :s: Had synoptic exam today, was alright/good but could have gone better. One of the essays was odd! Ahhh welll
Reply 19
*imp*

hmmm, yeah, i thought it went well - until i read ur reply lol! :rolleyes:

I did the one on global economies developing in recent yrs where i basically went thru from the 70s when the economic conditions lead to NICs... and on to the present n speculating about the future.

Then the second one i did was the urban/rural interrelations - same as you. But i didn't work the case studies like you did :frown: I explained a range of negative n then possitive effects n stuff.
I swear i'm still stuck in GCSE mode. *sigh*

Never mind. Just monday's synoptic to go eh?

x

As far as I know- this is right :smile: I should have done pos. and neg. and then arugued what I thought but as my Human Geog. teacher is SH*T, I didn't actually HAVE a case study saying it was positive!!!! So I just really strongly argued how negative the impact was, hopefully I won't have lost TOO many marks....:frown: fool.....! The rest of it was okish....

Synoptic SO isn't going to be though......:eek: Has anyone EVER done well in the first bit with all the questions and you have like 2 minutes to do like 16 marks?!? The essay is fine but the other bit....:eek: Good luck! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending