The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Accommodation left help!

Hello,

So I now have a place to study in Aberdeen (:biggrin:) and there is still places (well, as far as Thursday, some might be gone now!) in the following accommodations:

- Crombie Hall
- Johnston Hall
- Hillhead Houses, Adam Smith, Fyfe & Wavell
- South House
- New Carnegie Court

Just like that, I would certainly chose the New Carnegie Court because it is the only self-catering with En-suite rooms and I like the idea of flats with 5 people (and I think I can afford it so the price is not a big issue). But then I realized I might not like the ambiance there! I mean, I read somewhere that this accommodation is full of "posh or boring or something" people... Is that true? I'd rather share bathrooms in this case! :tongue:

Then I might consider the Catered residences in campus: is it worth going in the campus accommodations? How is the food? Are the times of food being served really annoying? And are there several choices or food every time? (I am a little allergic to some things I need to avoid - not too serious but ya)

Anyway, what do you think I should avoid or go for? :smile:

Thanks!
im stayin in new carnegie court and im defonentaly not posh or boring!! haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Original post by emma_taylor95
im stayin in new carnegie court and im defonentaly not posh or boring!! haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha great then! :biggrin: I realize what I read obviously was a stupid generalization :smile:

And how do you like it? Would you recommend it? :smile: Is is like a "big party" accommodation or more calm? :tongue: And are all the flats single-sex or mixed?
iv just been given them! wil be moving in in september! haha, i think you can get both mixed sex and single sex flats thou :smile: spoke to afew of the girls in my flat and they seem up for a party so if you stay there then you can just come party with us 😝 haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hi Emma,

Does Univerisity of aberdeen still have places left?

Original post by Floflow
Hello,

So I now have a place to study in Aberdeen (:biggrin:) and there is still places (well, as far as Thursday, some might be gone now!) in the following accommodations:

- Crombie Hall
- Johnston Hall
- Hillhead Houses, Adam Smith, Fyfe & Wavell
- South House
- New Carnegie Court

Just like that, I would certainly chose the New Carnegie Court because it is the only self-catering with En-suite rooms and I like the idea of flats with 5 people (and I think I can afford it so the price is not a big issue). But then I realized I might not like the ambiance there! I mean, I read somewhere that this accommodation is full of "posh or boring or something" people... Is that true? I'd rather share bathrooms in this case! :tongue:

Then I might consider the Catered residences in campus: is it worth going in the campus accommodations? How is the food? Are the times of food being served really annoying? And are there several choices or food every time? (I am a little allergic to some things I need to avoid - not too serious but ya)

Anyway, what do you think I should avoid or go for? :smile:

Thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by emma_taylor95
iv just been given them! wil be moving in in september! haha, i think you can get both mixed sex and single sex flats thou :smile: spoke to afew of the girls in my flat and they seem up for a party so if you stay there then you can just come party with us haha
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh ok haha! That's cool thank you :biggrin: We'll most certainly meet each other then :tongue:

Original post by numanali
Hi Emma,

Does Univerisity of aberdeen still have places left?

Do you mean to study this year, or accommodation?
If you mean study: I know for EU applicants there may be some places left for law studies.. The rest I don't know! You need to check on UCAS clearing, knowing there might be updates after the 15th of August because of A levels results :wink:

For accommodation: it all depends when you apply!
I applied to New Carnegie and I am definately not posh. I just like the security of not ruining out of money so having no food and a shower!
Reply 7
hey does anybody know if there are still places?
Reply 8
Original post by TBBT
hey does anybody know if there are still places?

I got a place yesterday (and applied on Saturday) so I guess there were! :smile:
Hope you get where you want! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending