The Student Room Group

Do guys really care if a girl has bad skin?

Ok so I am 19 years old and for about 2 years I have red skin.

Now this sounds odd so I will explain, I don't have spots or blemishes but over my nose and across my checks under my eyes the skin is bright red?!

I've been to the doctors about it but nothing seems to help. I just wondered if I was the only one who suffered from this.

Also I am so conscious about my skin condition I can't leave the house without makeup which would price a problem at Uni! So I just wanted to ask if guys/men have a bug problem with girls like me?

Thanks to anyone that can answer!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wouldn't...no body is perfect and that's good I think :smile: u shouldn't care as much about it :wink: people will like u as a person and not because uve got nice skin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
What products do you use on your hair and skin. I.e. shampoo, soap moisturiser etc.
Do you take showers or baths? Hot or cold?
Do you have any food allergies, or stomach problems?
Do you spend a lot of time in the sun or cold?
Do you have any illnesses?
What is your diet? Fresh fruit and vegetables and meat?
What lights do you have in your room? Florescent?
Do you spend a lot of time on the computer?
Do you get stressed out a lot?
How much sleep do you get?
Do you wear natural fibres such as cotton or manmade such as polyester?
Do you get heyfever or dust allergies?
How much exercise do you do?

Let's get to the root of the problem.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
No. Believe it or not most guys actually care about your personality. And your body to :smile:
Reply 4
Ooh I had this sort of problem too couple of years ago. It turns out that I was allergic to prawns -.-
I went to the doctors and they prescribed me a cream which made the redness go within one week.
it probably something you eat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by noobynoo
What products do you use on your hair and skin. I.e. shampoo, soap moisturiser etc.
Do you take showers or baths? Hot or cold?
Do you have any food allergies, or stomach problems?
Do you spend a lot of time in the sun or cold?
Do you have any illnesses?
What is your diet? Fresh fruit and vegetables and meat?
What lights do you have in your room? Florescent?
Do you spend a lot of time on the computer?
Do you get stressed out a lot?
How much sleep do you get?
Do you wear natural fibres such as cotton or manmade such as polyester?
Do you get heyfever or dust allergies?
How much exercise do you do?

Let's get to the root of the problem.

Shampoo and shower gel is always the same I use tresemme and radox
I used to have baths but for about a year now I have been taking showers and they are usually timid temperature unless its really cold out or really hot!
I don't have any food allergies and no stomach problems
Erm I would say I spend an average amount of time in the sun unless on holiday which involves a lot of sunbathing and I hate the cold so none!
I don't have any illnesses that I know of, my diet is average fruit veg and meats
I have energy saving light bulbs and I do get stressed out ALOT!! But I have been getting stressed for most of my life not just for two years!
No heyfever or dust allergies that I know of but I haven't been tested and exercise is little but I do go for about a half hour walk everyday

Is that everything?!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by jedot
I wouldn't...no body is perfect and that's good I think :smile: u shouldn't care as much about it :wink: people will like u as a person and not because uve got nice skin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean i do wear makeup which hides it but its always the fear of taking off my makeup and having to deal with the rejection!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Thewildwun
Ooh I had this sort of problem too couple of years ago. It turns out that I was allergic to prawns -.-
I went to the doctors and they prescribed me a cream which made the redness go within one week.
it probably something you eat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really prawns?! That's interesting. I've never really thought about it being an allergic reaction. But I've been eating pretty much the same foods all my life? Hmmmm what could I be allergic too?!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Why wouldn't we? Not saying no guy would date you, but just like woman care about looks of course guys do too. I think if you feel it's a medical condition visit your GP and see what advice you can get. Have you experienced rejection because of it in the past? Or is it just a worry of yours? Also, you say you always wear make up so how would you know how guys react. Although I like woman who takes care of their appearance, I prefer a woman with less make up not the plastered on look.
Reply 9
I never said I plaster on my makeup I said I wear makeup that hides it? Only enough to make my skin an even tone. Yes I have been rejected in the past because of it and I just wanted to know if it common for men to reject girls because of something like this. As I already said I have been to the doctors and tried numerous medications, gels and creams but nothing seems to help.
As a girl I wouldn't reject a guy just because he has acne or skin problems that's why I wanted to know :smile:

Thank you though for your opinion (this sounds sarcastic but it is genuine)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by ZaraFoster
Ok so I am 19 years old and for about 2 years I have red skin.

Now this sounds odd so I will explain, I don't have spots or blemishes but over my nose and across my checks under my eyes the skin is bright red?!

I've been to the doctors about it but nothing seems to help. I just wondered if I was the only one who suffered from this.

Also I am so conscious about my skin condition I can't leave the house without makeup which would price a problem at Uni! So I just wanted to ask if guys/men have a bug problem with girls like me?

Thanks to anyone that can answer!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some do. Have a friend who found a girl unattractive who almost every other guy thought is hot, because he didn't like her skin. But I don't think it is that high on our list of what matters, I wouldn't worry!
Harry Potter cares, can't speak for the rest of the male population, but I would say that a lot of guys probably don't care too much. That said, I always cover up my spots with make-up so I'm in a similar boat *sigh*
Have you tried mineral makeup? I have reddish skin and it seems to have helped, doesn't irritate it, the one I use feels really light as well so it doesn't feel caked on
Reply 13
I think it would be a lot better if in general girls wore a whole lot less make up.
I prefer the natural look. I won't approach a girl if they're covered in make up because you have no idea what they actually look like and they're most likely to just be overly insecure. Be happy in your skin :smile:
Reply 14
Well I tried natural collection and that's kinda minerally but I have tried other makeup that's similar and it doesn't cover it very well where the skin is really red.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by HashimKF
I think it would be a lot better if in general girls wore a whole lot less make up.
I prefer the natural look. I won't approach a girl if they're covered in make up because you have no idea what they actually look like and they're most likely to just be overly insecure. Be happy in your skin :smile:

I have tried the less makeup route and the no makeup route but I feel so paranoid that people are looking at me! I'm so insecure haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Would you care if a guy had the same problem? if no then don't worry too much there will be those like you that don't care but if you would care if a guy had the same problem then keep covering them with make up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not going to be some liberal liar saying "It's on the inside that counts" because let's face it. It isn't

However I'd never Turn down a girl based purely on her skin.

I'd also always turn down a girl purely if I thought her personality was vapid and/or horrible.
is it a constant redness or does t get better/worse at times?

my mam often gets redness but its not always there, its kind of like blushing caused by a rush of blood to the area, it seems to get much worse when shes hot (especially sunny days even if shes in doors)
Nah not really. We're all human and no one is perfect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending