The Student Room Group

Do guys really care if a girl has bad skin?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Bollost
Yes we do as there are awkward inconveniences with such circumstances

Please, do elaborate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by Bollost
Kissing

Having sex (after marriage)

What's that got to do with someone's skin?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZaraFoster
Ok so I am 19 years old and for about 2 years I have red skin.

Now this sounds odd so I will explain, I don't have spots or blemishes but over my nose and across my checks under my eyes the skin is bright red?!

I've been to the doctors about it but nothing seems to help. I just wondered if I was the only one who suffered from this.

Also I am so conscious about my skin condition I can't leave the house without makeup which would price a problem at Uni! So I just wanted to ask if guys/men have a bug problem with girls like me?

Thanks to anyone that can answer!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Zara, hope you're doing well. I doubt what you have is a "skin condition" if the doctors aren't correcting it with treatment. That's not to say that medicine can cure anything, but redness in the face is very common naturally, just due to relatively increased bloodflow in the area. ( like when someone gets slapped on the cheek, their cheek turns red? similar principle, except localised). It's certainly nothing to worry about if you've had your checkups to eliminate anything more serious.
Don't isolate and segregate yourself because of it ( and so cut all the "girls like me " bull :P ) generally guys wouldn't have a problem with that , and I know I certainly don't.
Remember that the key so being successful with either gender is confidence. If the redness gets you down, don't mention it or point it out, but don't hide it or feel ashamed/embarrassed about it ! if your potential partner points it out ( in a mean way), feel free to decimate his appearance at will :P the point being is that it's just redness. it's not a 20 inch tumour or anything unfortunate like that, so ignore it (or better yet, accept it and take pride in what you look like) and therefore kiss those insecurities goodbye :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by Bollost
Use your imagination Blue

you are looking at them

another one is microbes

Aww, kiss with your eyes closed. Solves one problem for you
Not that you are insanely superficial or anything.. Best hope you look like Ryan Gosling so you can afford to be picky eh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Ok so I am 19 years old and for about 2 years I have red skin.

Now this sounds odd so I will explain, I don't have spots or blemishes but over my nose and across my checks under my eyes the skin is bright red?!

I've been to the doctors about it but nothing seems to help. I just wondered if I was the only one who suffered from this.

Also I am so conscious about my skin condition I can't leave the house without makeup which would price a problem at Uni! So I just wanted to ask if guys/men have a bug problem with girls like me?

Thanks to anyone that can answer!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It could be rocasea
Reply 45
Original post by FutureHeartSurg
Hey Zara, hope you're doing well. I doubt what you have is a "skin condition" if the doctors aren't correcting it with treatment. That's not to say that medicine can cure anything, but redness in the face is very common naturally, just due to relatively increased bloodflow in the area. ( like when someone gets slapped on the cheek, their cheek turns red? similar principle, except localised). It's certainly nothing to worry about if you've had your checkups to eliminate anything more serious.
Don't isolate and segregate yourself because of it ( and so cut all the "girls like me " bull :P ) generally guys wouldn't have a problem with that , and I know I certainly don't.
Remember that the key so being successful with either gender is confidence. If the redness gets you down, don't mention it or point it out, but don't hide it or feel ashamed/embarrassed about it ! if your potential partner points it out ( in a mean way), feel free to decimate his appearance at will :P the point being is that it's just redness. it's not a 20 inch tumour or anything unfortunate like that, so ignore it (or better yet, accept it and take pride in what you look like) and therefore kiss those insecurities goodbye :smile:

I don't mean to segregate myself from others by stating 'girls like me' but its the truth. I'm clearly not the only one that suffers from this problem. I would consider my problem to definitely a skin condition, it's not just a rush of blood from the vessels under my skin because it is always there, no matter how stressed I am, whether I wear make up or not, or if I change my diet! Doctors have given me two types of cream and oral tables but it hasn't helped one bit but we are awaiting blood results for things like lupus :smile:

I suppose if I could accept someone for there 'down falls' then I guess there is someone out there that would do the same :biggrin:

Thank you FutureHeartSurg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by neom
It could be rocasea

I've been given topical cream for rocasea but it didn't work. If anything it made my skin itchy and sore!

Posted from TSR Mobile
nope I don't. No ones skin is perfect.

If he does then hes not worth it.
I don't mean to segregate myself from others by stating 'girls like me' but its the truth. I'm clearly not the only one that suffers from this problem. I would consider my problem to definitely a skin condition, it's not just a rush of blood from the vessels under my skin because it is always there, no matter how stressed I am, whether I wear make up or not, or if I change my diet! Doctors have given me two types of cream and oral tables but it hasn't helped one bit but we are awaiting blood results for things like lupus :smile:

I suppose if I could accept someone for there 'down falls' then I guess there is someone out there that would do the same :biggrin:

Thank you FutureHeartSurg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't mean a "Rush of blood", just elevated flows relative to other parts of your body. So , say, you write an essay with each hand. You finish faster with your right hand not because you put a sudden burst of speed to do so, but because you're generally faster at writing with that hand. And so blood flows more/ faster through the vessels in your areas of redness than the areas that aren't red.
And it's NOT THE TRUTH, don't ever tell yourself that. You think a bit of red on your face makes you different ? it doesn't, your ( From what i can see:P ) lovely and unique personality and your beauty puts you above all the orange katy price lookalikes :smile: and you're very welcome, hope you find some way of overcoming this ( or accepting yourself :wink: ) ! all the best.
Reply 49
Hey :smile: I'm not a guy so can't really say for sure, but during my 8+ years of cystic acne, not a single guy commented on my poor skin. It made me incredibly self-conscious but then all I had to do was ask myself: do other people's skin conditions bother me? To be honest, I've never even noticed them. You notice your own because you look at yourself every day and it can really get you down. But I can say with some certainty that most people won't even notice :smile:

Mineral make-up is fab, by the way. And you can get a primer that's green - the green tones down the redness and if you lightly brush some mineral powder on top it'll probably look less red. Not that you need make-up! But for the sake of your self-confidence I thought I'd share some advice that helped me during my acne-riddled, angry-spot-filled days :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending