The Student Room Group

EQP ideas related to medicine?

I have an interest in weightlifting and bodybuilding, so what specific topic could I write about to link an EQP to medicine and bodybuilding? (e.g anatomy, effects of exercise on the body) any ideas are really appreciated.
And if it helps I'll be studying maths, biology, chemistry and history next year.
Original post by jd1997
x

You could look at the relationship between something and it's effect on the human body - that's unbelievably vague but hey ho!

I completed my EPQ on the potential relationship between aluminium and the onset of Alzheimer's disease. Perhaps you could find a specific area of medicine/exercise and then look to formulate a hypothesis/question from that?
I looked at the current pharmacological treatments of Alzheimer's Disease un the UK and all the research relating to them.
Original post by jd1997
I have an interest in weightlifting and bodybuilding, so what specific topic could I write about to link an EQP to medicine and bodybuilding? (e.g anatomy, effects of exercise on the body) any ideas are really appreciated.
And if it helps I'll be studying maths, biology, chemistry and history next year.

You could look at the use of steroids, their impact on the body, potential dangers/overuse... Should they be banned?
Also, protein formulas. People tend to way over-consume on the protein which can lead to health problems, which you could also look at.

In terms of amateur bodybuilding, many people do weightlifting without cardio. This makes them pile on fat underneath their muscle as they are not doing enough exercise to consume all the calories they're eating. So they look incredibly fit and muscled, but the fat build up is obviously dangerous.

Whatever you pick, make sure you choose something that will give enough scope to take up the whole time, and maybe have mini questions within it.
I did mine on artificial hearts and their future use, so looked at cost effectiveness, likely future advancements, religious/ethical views etc.
The first EPQ I did was on the impact of the media on young people and how it may be affecting their psychological health. I got so bored and the end result was not as good as it could have been.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending