The Student Room Group

Need advice.

A couple of weeks ago, I was out with a girl mate. I was trying to impress her, as I was trying to get with her. So, I thought if I acted a bit macho, it would impress her. I walked with a swagger, and chewed chewing gum in a threatening manner, and spoke 'tough'. Looking back, I realize this was totally moronic.

But, for a while, it seemed like it was working.

Then, the something happened. I saw a bee. It buzzed nearby.

I'm scared of bees, after being stung when I was a kid.

I got scared, and started flapping around trying to get the bee away from me, I even man screamed, and in my terror, I grabbed my girl mate, and put her in front of me.

Shameful.

Once she had calmed me down, we walked on. I think she was trying to fight back laughs.

Since that day, she hasn't been in touch.

Have I blown it?
Reply 1
This is comical.

Well now you realise you're not the big man, you can become a real man and just ask her.

Chances are she might think you're completely fake (which is not unreasonable given your story). But she might have liked the fact you showed some weakness and simply be waiting for your call.
Reply 2
She might think I'm a fool, though?
Reply 3
I think it's more amusing to think of Grant Mitchell flapping around because of a bee. I did wonder if this was a troll. But anyway, I wouldn't worry. Maybe in art terms you'd call it poetic justice: your artifice was exposed in a most just way by forcing you to behave in just the way you never wanted to. I shouldn't worry about it too much. :wink:
Save the embarrassment and turn gay.
Reply 5
I think it's likely she has friend zoned you, romance is unlikely, but do contact her if you really care you are not going to lose anything by doing so. Think she probably would have found it weird that you were faking your persona and when girls have an idea about you they don't usually change it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending