The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

2014 Lincoln Uni applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bobbiejosmirk
Hi! I'm doing the same course, I havent seen anyone else on here thats said they're doing the same :")

Yay! That's three of us including me now haha :biggrin:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Heyy

I've firmed Lincoln Uni, and IF i get the grades i'll be studying Media Production.

Anyone else applied for the same course?

😆

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I'm doing media production :smile: I haven't met anyone else who is
Just the three of us then ha!
Reply 44
Original post by Purplezz
Thank you so much; this is all really useful!!

I've done most of the modules before in business so I'm hoping some of my old work and books will be useful in the basics. Though I struggled on economics before, so I'm really not looking forward to those units again lol :-P

I'll deffo check those links :-D

I already have the study skills handbook; it's been handy already; kind of like the bible for university haha :-P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your welcome :smile:

Some the stuff I did in A Level too which made it easier to get a grip off.

The first time stuff will be basic supply and demand stuff so they gradually get you in to it. I missed a few of the first term lectures and seminars and really regretted it. If you try to go to each one, then it makes a lot more sense and you won't struggle with it. The lecturer is brilliant and although he can seem intimidating, he is brilliant.

I found the Study Skills brilliant to read as it really helped :smile: There is a meet and greet page on Facebook which a lot people are using to find course mates and get advice from so I would recommend trying to find that

You will be mixed with a lot of the business students in the first year, so getting to know some of the business and management students might be helpful :smile:
I am 😊
Reply 46
Original post by aharis
Your welcome :smile:

Some the stuff I did in A Level too which made it easier to get a grip off.

The first time stuff will be basic supply and demand stuff so they gradually get you in to it. I missed a few of the first term lectures and seminars and really regretted it. If you try to go to each one, then it makes a lot more sense and you won't struggle with it. The lecturer is brilliant and although he can seem intimidating, he is brilliant.

I found the Study Skills brilliant to read as it really helped :smile: There is a meet and greet page on Facebook which a lot people are using to find course mates and get advice from so I would recommend trying to find that

You will be mixed with a lot of the business students in the first year, so getting to know some of the business and management students might be helpful :smile:

It was a little yay moment when I saw the module list lol glad to know i'll be able to refer back to what I already have :-)

Oh okay so I need to be putting in three alarms in the morning to make sure I don't miss anything lol :-P

Oh dear I'll try not to shrink in fear :-\ lol :-)

I'll go check the fb page out right now; for some reason I haven't seen many other people on here on our course :-( very sad :'(

lol :-P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
It was a little yay moment when I saw the module list lol glad to know i'll be able to refer back to what I already have :-)

Oh okay so I need to be putting in three alarms in the morning to make sure I don't miss anything lol :-P

Oh dear I'll try not to shrink in fear :-\ lol :-)

I'll go check the fb page out right now; for some reason I haven't seen many other people on here on our course :-( very sad :'(

lol :-P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some books you have many not be useful for Uni. Look at them by all means but they ask for academic and scholar books to be used when you reference in essays. They should go over that in you Welcome Week talks :smile:

I only had one or two 9am starts, mostly 10am for me. And they aren't full days either. You will have 4 lectures per module, and 4 seminars over a week and sometimes and extra lecture on this thing called 'Making the Most of Me', if it is still running

There's only 30 people on my course in my year! You will meet loads of people in freshers and al lot of people will pop up after next weeks results :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by aharis
Some books you have many not be useful for Uni. Look at them by all means but they ask for academic and scholar books to be used when you reference in essays. They should go over that in you Welcome Week talks :smile:

I only had one or two 9am starts, mostly 10am for me. And they aren't full days either. You will have 4 lectures per module, and 4 seminars over a week and sometimes and extra lecture on this thing called 'Making the Most of Me', if it is still running

There's only 30 people on my course in my year! You will meet loads of people in freshers and al lot of people will pop up after next weeks results :smile:

I know; I hope they aren't otherwise it would be too easy lol I was thinking to refresh my mind after a lazy summer haha :-)

Oh so I can wake up a half hour before the lecture, go to it and still have time to go back and sleep?? Haha jokes :-P

Making the most of me?? Is that like a tutor group? :-\

Only 30? How many we're there last year?

I'm counting on meeting people lol I'm moving about four hours from home by car and I don't know anyone in Lincoln at all, so I'm gonna NEED to meet people haha :-P makes sense more people will come on; loads are saying there's no one on here from their course :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can vouch for there only being like 25-30 on business studies last year, but you do a lot of modules with other similar courses so you'll be in lectures normally with about 150 people minimum. And seminars get mixed up as well, I was never in a seminar with another business studies person that I know of.

And M3 (making the most of me was like a career advice course which wasn't that popular so I wouldn't worry about that really. :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by SomeButter
I can vouch for there only being like 25-30 on business studies last year, but you do a lot of modules with other similar courses so you'll be in lectures normally with about 150 people minimum. And seminars get mixed up as well, I was never in a seminar with another business studies person that I know of.

And M3 (making the most of me was like a career advice course which wasn't that popular so I wouldn't worry about that really. :smile:

Oh yeah I remember being told that on an open day I think :-)

Haha so it's the lesson no one goes to and nobody chases you for not going to lol there's always one :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
I know; I hope they aren't otherwise it would be too easy lol I was thinking to refresh my mind after a lazy summer haha :-)

Oh so I can wake up a half hour before the lecture, go to it and still have time to go back and sleep?? Haha jokes :-P

I'm counting on meeting people lol I'm moving about four hours from home by car and I don't know anyone in Lincoln at all, so I'm gonna NEED to meet people haha :-P makes sense more people will come on; loads are saying there's no one on here from their course :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got up before for an hour lecture and gone back to bed, so I would say your safe to do that!

I'm not sure they are running it this year, but it was an extra lecture they held every odd week. First Term it gives advice on how to go about your assessments like presentations and essays and then how to use the library etc. Second term its more about how to get the most out of uni so Lincoln Award (you will get told in freshers), volunteering, and just other stuff you can do alongside your degree. It's optional and sometimes you don't have to go but the first term was pretty good.

I had thirty people on my course but business and management had 100 I think. All the business students get mixed together so in my law lectures I had Accounting Students, Business Studies students, Finance etc. Don't worry too much about it. My friends are doing all sorts of degrees such as Media Production, Events Management, Accounting and Finance and Health and Social.

I'm sure more people will pop up soon. If your welcome week is like mine, you will pretty much meet some of them on the first day so you will be fine :smile: I found a lot stayed in my accommodation (I stayed at Park Court) so you might find someone in the same lecture or course round the corner from you :smile:
Media production :smile: I have a conditional offer! I just hope I get the grades :P
Original post by Friends-Rules
Media production :smile: I have a conditional offer! I just hope I get the grades :P

Samee!
Everyone who's waiting for their results tomorrow... GOOD LUCK!:biggrin:
Oh yeah I remember being told that on an open day I think :-)

Haha so it's the lesson no one goes to and nobody chases you for not going to lol there's always one :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I went to maybe like 2 haha.

good luck with results tomorrow, you'll love lincoln and the course when you get here :smile:.
Media Studies is quite a big course so I'm sure by tomorrow more and more people will find pop up. Our Students' Union have an official Facebook group to help you find people on your course https://www.facebook.com/groups/670936152961899/

If you want to meet more people outside of your course but also want to gain experience in your subject area. You could join Brayford Radio, our student run, on campus radio or LincTv which is our student TV station.

Reece
(Student Ambassador - Undergraduate Biomedical Science, Postgraduate Marketing)
Reply 57
Original post by aharis
I've got up before for an hour lecture and gone back to bed, so I would say your safe to do that!

I'm not sure they are running it this year, but it was an extra lecture they held every odd week. First Term it gives advice on how to go about your assessments like presentations and essays and then how to use the library etc. Second term its more about how to get the most out of uni so Lincoln Award (you will get told in freshers), volunteering, and just other stuff you can do alongside your degree. It's optional and sometimes you don't have to go but the first term was pretty good.

I had thirty people on my course but business and management had 100 I think. All the business students get mixed together so in my law lectures I had Accounting Students, Business Studies students, Finance etc. Don't worry too much about it. My friends are doing all sorts of degrees such as Media Production, Events Management, Accounting and Finance and Health and Social.

I'm sure more people will pop up soon. If your welcome week is like mine, you will pretty much meet some of them on the first day so you will be fine :smile: I found a lot stayed in my accommodation (I stayed at Park Court) so you might find someone in the same lecture or course round the corner from you :smile:

Ah so I'm okay then lol :-P

Really? I'll make an effort to go then; you never know eh? :-)

It's good that you're all mixed up; at my college it was really hard to catch up with anyone outside of your course because it was so segregated :-(

Well it's a-level results day today, so people should start popping around about now :-P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Ah so I'm okay then lol :-P

Really? I'll make an effort to go then; you never know eh? :-)

It's good that you're all mixed up; at my college it was really hard to catch up with anyone outside of your course because it was so segregated :-(

Well it's a-level results day today, so people should start popping around about now :-P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say go to the one that interest you. I went to ones about how to do Presentations and referencing as thats areas i struggled in. They are brilliant if you are interested in it :smile:

Nearly all business first years are mixed together at some point, so you are likely to make friends with people who are on a completely different degree and doing the same modules!

I've made loads of friends who do degrees in different areas, through friends and friends of friends etc

I think there may be been a few pop up today! If not talk to some of the Business and Management students as you only do one module different so you are likely to be mixing with them a lot :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by aharis
I would say go to the one that interest you. I went to ones about how to do Presentations and referencing as thats areas i struggled in. They are brilliant if you are interested in it :smile:

Nearly all business first years are mixed together at some point, so you are likely to make friends with people who are on a completely different degree and doing the same modules!

I've made loads of friends who do degrees in different areas, through friends and friends of friends etc

I think there may be been a few pop up today! If not talk to some of the Business and Management students as you only do one module different so you are likely to be mixing with them a lot :smile:

Presentations are definitely something I struggle with: not making them but giving them :-\

Yeah it's getting busy on here as people get their results and find out where they're going lol :-) wonder what it'll be like once accommodation gets allocated :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest