Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
REALLY NOT SURE,
im so not ready for this exam>?
is anyone else?
xxx
Reply 21
really worried about the electra thing!

could they ask? about psychology been scientific?
thanks.
Reply 22
yes, im really worried only just started revising for pyb5 this morning as ive had other exams till now, a bit crazy so its leaving me feel a bit nervous, but im sure it'll be fine, the exam is basicially the same as pyb1 with added extras and details, but still anyone got any tips?!
Reply 23
Would be great if the 12 marker was on either behaviourist or psychdynamic approach cos theres so much you can write about. Just revised all of the statistics stuff... eurrgh its soo boring. Now revising Erik Erikson. (what a stupid name) Hows everyones revision going? Ive only just started mine!
Reply 24
how do people revise?
as i dont think im learning this stuff!
thanks
Reply 25
Ive just made a few cue cards on all the main subject areas...
made 4 on - schizophrenia, moral behaviour/agression, attachment and anorexia and how each approach treats them. I reading them out to my mum even though she isnt listening, to try and remember them..
Also went through the book and made posters on each approach, including their limitations and strengths. Cognitive is one im most confused on at the moment..
Now making some essay plans and trying to do past papers and failing.
Thankfully i only need 13 marks tomorrow to get a B :biggrin:
Reply 26
Jen2327
really worried about the electra thing!

could they ask? about psychology been scientific?
thanks.

well thats more pyb1 stuff, but i suppose you could just put that some approaches are more scientific than others - for example humanism is unscientific and cognitive is scientific. Then assess the limitations and strengths of them being either scientific or non scientific - i.e cognitive can be too reductionist (can be good or bad), whereas humanism looks at the person as a whole (can be good or bad).
Reply 27
im not too worried about the research methods questions, but i have just realised i havent actually been taught about the statistical tests, its just the information from pyb1, just trying to learn some now so if anyone can help me or advise me i would be very gratefull!gd luck for 2mo thou guys!!
are
- Anorexia
- Schizophrenia
- Attachment
- Moral Behaviour/Agression etc being tested tomo or do u just refer to these in your answers.
they were part of PYB mod 2 me thinks
Reply 29
you'll be asked something like -
'explain how the ..... perspective has been applied in two areas of psychology'.
so for anorexia each perspective would say:
Biological - genes, hormones, damaged hypothalamus
Behaviourist - learnt behaviour, media images influencial. (observation, imitation, internalisation)
Cognitive - faulty thinking about weight, over sensitivity to external cues
Humanist - out of control life, high incongruence, CCT to treat, lack of insight.
Psychoanalysis - unconscious influencial - denial of being an adult, fixated at oral stage.

For schizophrenia:
- Biological - dopamine hypothesis
- Behaviourist - learnt behaviour, copied from peers.
- Cognitive - overload with sensory information, disrupted attention filter
- Humanist - person chose to withdraw from mad world, journey of self discovery is needed
- Psychoanalytical - overly developed Id, state of 'narcissism'.
Reply 30
Ro - how do u no all this crap?
lol
dreading 2mrw!
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh you all know so much more than me *cries* :-(
Reply 32
lol, dont worry i was thinking the same!
xxx
Reply 33
HOLISTIC AND REDUCTIONIAM WAS ON LAST YEARS EXAM?

SO WHAT WE THINKIN ITS GONNA BE?

have they ever asked a 12marker on mind/body --hope it isnt on 2mrw
otherwise i in trouble
Reply 34
hahaaa i was pretty much reading most of it off my notes for ^ that thread! Trying to cram it all into my brain atm.
Well according to that joe guy its going to be holism vs. reductionist and idiographic vs. nomothetic. I really really hope its not the mind-body debate - i HATE that one.
good luck everyone.
So Schizophrenia....Compare/Contrast, OR...Evaluate..?
Reply 36
it cant be mind body
theres 2 little evidence surley?
its never been a 12 marker?

and holism and reductionism last year

i think its either ido nomo or nature nurture?
wil see in a hr xx
Reply 37
lol, dont trust your teacher hunny!
:smile: xx
Reply 38
TheInvincib49s
hope the 12 marker is on the psycholanalytic appraoch!! ive revised that WAYYYYYYYYYYY too many times now!!

That would be a legend!

I am hoping for that or biological.

Latest

Trending

Trending