The Student Room Group

Ucas Points Help

I was just wondering if someone could help clarify something for me.
My offer from Sheffield Hallam says: 300 points with at least 160 from two GCE/VCE A levels. Advanced subsidiary/IFS qualifications may contribute to the total points required.

I got a B at AS level sports studies, does the 50 ucas points for this count towards the 300 I need?

Thanks.
Original post by Ollie-Harris
My offer from Sheffield Hallam says: 300 points with at least 160 from two GCE/VCE A levels. Advanced subsidiary/IFS qualifications may contribute to the total points required.

I got a B at AS level sports studies, does the 50 ucas points for this count towards the 300 I need?

Thanks.

That's the exact problem I had but with a different course. Quite a few uni's accept an AS as part of the 300 but sometimes they don't state it on their websites as I have found through calling them. I would just say phone them and ask x
Reply 2
Original post by Libertyrose95
That's the exact problem I had but with a different course. Quite a few uni's accept an AS as part of the 300 but sometimes they don't state it on their websites as I have found through calling them. I would just say phone them and ask x

Okay thank you, I will give that a try!
Reply 3
Original post by Ollie-Harris

Thanks.

Yes. You need to get at least 300 points in total, of which at least 160 must come from A levels (so not AS, not EPQ etc). As long as you manage CC (or BD, or AE...) or better in 2 A levels then the remaining (300-160=)140 points can be made up from anything, including your 50 points from your B.

Quick Reply

Latest