The Student Room Group

Thinking about applying to Oxford?

Hello and welcome to the Oxford forum (the best part of TSR...) Before we get started, you should know that when talking about university admissions we normally refer to the year people will start university. So the people who go through the process of applying, interviews, etc in Autumn 2014 are called "2015 applicants".

You probably want to chat with other applicants: go introduce yourself in the thread for Oxford Applicants 2015 or in the thread for 2016 Oxford hopefuls.

Now you've done that; want to ask a current (or past) Oxford student something? You're in the right place!

We have a thread for each Oxford course and every Oxford college. If you've got questions about individual courses and colleges then those threads are a great place to quickly ask the people who know the answers. They're also a place for you to meet other applicants and current students. Say hi! (If it's been a week or so and you've haven't got answers, you can also try the Current Oxford Students Contact List.)

We also have a thread for asking Are my grades good enough for Oxford? and another on Choosing an Oxford College.

If your question is more about the practicalities or wonders of Oxford life (and isn't college or course specific) you might want to try the What do you want to know about Oxford? thread. Of course you're very welcome to start a new thread about anything Oxford related.

As well as the forums, TSR has a huge number of wiki resources relating to Oxford. The Oxford guide is a good place to start - you'll find links to other information in the header of that page.

Sorry for that barrage of information. Don't worry if this intro doesn't make too much sense, feel free to ignore me - people managed to find their way around the forum for the nine years before I wrote this! But if you have any questions whatsoever about how things work then never hesitate to ask... or just cross your fingers and hope! Have fun!
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending