Guy Gamers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MattTNG
First, she was clearly joking and if you have no sense of humor

I was clearly joking first.

Didn't read the rest of your post.

Original post by GreatSnowman
your first and 2nd post, no normal person would act like that....

What's wrong with you? What's happening here?

Original post by Archengsculp
ditto this, I never intended it to be sexist..

Then get a grip, you sourpuss.

A couple of you have come in this thread and seriously missed the satire. Shame on you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by sparrowhawk4
It makes sense that it comes up more though, due to the often vast difference in numbers. I went to Gamescom over the summer, and the queue for the ladies was shorter than the one for the mens, which must be some sort of miracle :rolleyes:

It's no different to how at my uni there was a meeting for girls doing maths, because of the still present difference in numbers. I'm not particularly bothered by it, but for some people it can be daunting to go to, say, a LAN event and be one of only a few girls in the room, if not the only one.

Oh, I'm not trying to argue that there are fewer female gamers out there, what I'm saying is I think it's unnecessary to identify yourself as either female or male to take part in something which has no physical, biological or sexual implications, and therefore we're all just... "gamers". :p:

I understand some people find it daunting to be in a room full of the opposite sex, but as someone who is more or less genderblind, it doesn't even come into my mind.
Original post by Rananagirl
Oh, I'm not trying to argue that there are fewer female gamers out there, what I'm saying is I think it's unnecessary to identify yourself as either female or male to take part in something which has no physical, biological or sexual implications, and therefore we're all just... "gamers". :p:

I understand some people find it daunting to be in a room full of the opposite sex, but as someone who is more or less genderblind, it doesn't even come into my mind.

I agree entirely. I'm just saying that it explains the fact that there are more discussions about female gamers, and it's not sexism as the OP seems to be implying :rolleyes:

One of my funniest moments gaming was when I realised that my fleet leader on Star Trek Online though that I was a guy who's voice hadn't broken yet. He was so embarrassed when I told him, everyone else thought it was hilarious :biggrin:
Original post by ozzyoscy

A couple of you have come in this thread and seriously missed the satire. Shame on you.

it generally needs to be funny for it to be satire, which your original posts arent being, although i do find the rest of it entertaining to read :smile:
your first and 2nd post, no normal person would act like that....

:facepalm2:

it generally needs to be funny for it to be satire, which your original posts arent being, although i do find the rest of it entertaining to read :smile:

Classic backpedalling. Go to your room and think about what you've done.

Original post by Archengsculp
ditto this, I never intended it to be sexist..

How in any way is judging an entire group of people by one person, or giving negative attributes to a group based on their gender, not discrimination?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 25
This is revived because Yet Another Girl Gamer Thread.
Reply 26
This is revived because Yet Another Girl Gamer Thread.

Sigh.
I don't mind real girl gamers asserting their existence it's the fake ones trying to get attention that I despise.
Reply 28
Original post by archengsculp
typical guys...

thats sexist you pig.
Reply 29
-_-
Reply 30
mmmmmfffff... prrrrrp.
I like how this thread is two years old and you still look out to bump it when there's a girl gamer thread.
Reply 32
Original post by Jared44
I like how this thread is two years old and you still look out to bump it when there's a girl gamer thread.

I like that too.
Reply 33
I like games and I like girls, can I join?
I like games and I like guys, can I join?
Reply 35
And we're back.
And we're back.

:biggrin:

Absolutely spot on, btw.
This thread is just brilliant.
Please love me. I play Call of Duty once a week. I'm one of you!
Bump.

Quick Reply

Latest